The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

COLORADO TRIP REPORT

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
KneeDeep
Expert

Loveland doesn't have many flat spots at all... its just a no-frills place that doesn't cater to the younger crowd. Same with A-Basin... both of their parks suck, and their lifts are slow.
skiing rules
Expert

but it keeps the crowds down and the terrain their is awesome, the lifts are slow but that just means the powder lasts longer and you have plenty of time nto check out your line. at copper we rode the super bee six pack lift, it is one of the fastest chairs ive evere ridden, it flies. it also keeps lines down, there was a line that would have taken 30 mins at sugar or catt that was cleared out in about 5 mins
KneeDeep
Expert

skiing rules wrote:
but it keeps the crowds down and the terrain their is awesome, the lifts are slow but that just means the powder lasts longer and you have plenty of time nto check out your line. at copper we rode the super bee six pack lift, it is one of the fastest chairs ive evere ridden, it flies. it also keeps lines down, there was a line that would have taken 30 mins at sugar or catt that was cleared out in about 5 mins

Exactly... it keeps the lines down, which is why I love it. I'd rather be sitting on a chair for an extra minute or two than standing in line for 10 minutes. I've NEVER waited in line at Loveland... even when both of their parking lots are full, there's no one on that mountain.
admin

KneeDeep wrote:
I've NEVER waited in line at Loveland... even when both of their parking lots are full, there's no one on that mountain.

Sounds like Powder Mountain......... there werent 50 cars in the parking lot and they claim "most skiable acres in the USA"...we hardly saw another person all day.

It was great.