The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

COLORADO TRIP REPORT

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
skiing rules
Expert

pics will be posted later on tonight and the abaisn report will be posted
ski11
Intermediate

Why do you hate keystone so much??? Just wondering and I personally like Keystone. but anyways nice report so far.
KneeDeep
Expert

Personally, I don't think he saw enough of Keystone to hate it... I think he was just saying that the night terrain sucks (which it does) and the village looks ritzy- which it isn't. Keystone has great terrain and is a fun mountain- BUT it doesn't get nearly as much snow, which always hurts.
skiing rules
Expert

Im pretty sure that i never said i hate keystone. keystone just does not appeal to me very much, huge base area with lots of condos, not very challenging terrain, low snowfall amounts, very expensive and glitzy, its $81 to ski there for 1 day, Or you can drive 5 miles up the road to a resort that gets way more snowfall, has encredible terrain, no glitz and is half the price that keystone is, anything off the palli lift or off the east wall is way more intense than aanyhing at keystone, there are 50+ degree runs through trees and chutes with some rock drops at abasin on the palli lft, and that kind of skiing is way more appealing to me than some groomer over at keystone
snowbird
Advanced

this thread is nothing w/o pics.

come on now boys lets c sum pics.
KneeDeep
Expert

SR, don't hate Keystone until you've skied there. There's definitely some good terrain there- like the Windows and the Outback. Granted, a lot of it is groomed runs, but Keystone has some of the best tree terrain around (not counting the Boat).
skiing rules
Expert

im sure keystone is really good, but it wasnt on the top of our list and we never payed full price for a ticket because we had tons of buy 1 get 1 free coupons for all the resorts we went to.
skiing rules
Expert

dont wory pics will come, im waiting on the camera to get back because my dad uses it for work
Think Snow
Intermediate

skiing rules wrote:

Think Snow wrote:

skiing rules wrote:
DAY 2: COPPER (friday)

Logan and I rode it first and the visibilty was horrible so u could see about 25' in front of you and the wind was blowing super hard and it was snowing too. WE could not see a thing so we just skied right along side of the top rope along the poma lift to get down to where we could see. We headed to the resolution chair i think amnd it cleared up perfectly. In about 4 minutes it went from a horrible blizzard to a perfectly clear sunny day.

yeah i was up there that day with my girl, we had just got on the excalibur lift when that blizzard type wind hit, then next thing you know it was sunny.

Quote:
I was kinda surprised at the terrain at copper because their double diamonds were pretty tame and there wasn't really anything that I saw that was really steep. We didnt realy get any pics of copper because the weather wasn't very good for any decent pics. This was also the first day that my dad skied his new volkl karma's and he liked them a lot so that was good.

did you guys ride the free CAT up to tucker mountain? Tucker is some great terrain!

no we didnt ski tucker, it did look really nice though, the weather wasnt very good and we didnt know where it picked up or anything

for future reference the CAT to tucker picks you up near the bottom of the mountain chief lift on the backside near copper bowl.

skiing rules
Expert

ok here come some pics