The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

COLORADO TRIP REPORT

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
skiing rules
Expert

Airtran 737-700 that we flew on to denver

view of Lake Dillon

one of the only shots of copper that we got

walk-ez stand sells these boot attachments that go on the bottom of your ski boots and make it very easy and comfortable to walk in ski boots. My dad slipped on the ice in front of the stand and got the "klutz of the day award" so he got a free pair and a ski lock, an $80.00 value.

east wall at abasin

me on a small cliff

some powder at abasin

Logan on a rail

Logan skiing switch

me skiing switch

Logan and I at the base of Pallavicini lift

east wall

Logan on a box

Logan again

exiting the box

small drop

Logan on the drop

Logan trailing some pow

Silverthorne

accident waiting to happen, large dam with town below it

Eisenhower tunnel on I-70 near loveland pass

Chair 1 at Loveland

more chair 1

near denver on I-70

cool house off I-70 near Denver

Denver!!

we need one of these to go to catt, beechcraft 1900

737, our return flight :cry:

sunset this morning in Denver taken by my dad who was unfortunately left in denver overnight.
extremeskier11
Beginner

Nice pics...
n_alabamaskier
Advanced

Im getting ancy.....I will be out there next week. Don't knock Keystone too much, from the parking lot you can only see the main (original) mountain. You can't see North Peak and the Outback. Those two mountains are where I spend most of my time at Keystone. North Peak has great steep groomed fall line runs and Outback has cat skiing and tree runs. Don't knock it till you try it...pics to follow next week.
maracucho
Beginner

Skinrule how do you handled the hight altitud ... i remember when we took lenawee lift ... oh yeap " lets go there they are just blue ones " hehehe As soonas we got to the top we are like " Were is the air ?" :shock: anyway we were into a blizzardthat we could not see no more than 10 feets away.. Anyway ..snow was great and the tree run just from the exibition lift were great... I just bought the buddy pass in A-basin 239 and I was able to hit breck, vail, keystone and A-basin year around in other words 5 days around 47 dollars per day.. no even in NC.

I really want to come back to a-basn,but in a sunny day so I could see more :D here is a pic from that day...[img]http://maracucho.gotdns.com/DEPORTE%20E ... C00099.JPG[/img] and this one before we got into the tree run[img]http://maracucho.gotdns.com/DEPORTE%20E ... C00315.JPG[/img]
ICEHOCEY77
Intermediate

skiing rules wrote:
DAY 3: loveland (saturday)

Loveland is a really nice resort that gets lots of snow. I know some of the other resorts dont get that much (like keystone), but loveland averages about 400'' annualy. There is much better terrain at loveland than at copper, in my opinion. We rode up chair 2 first then we took the south chuted to chair 9 where there were no tracks at all, maybe a few. From the top of loveland you can see breck and keystone and some really huge mtns. A lot of lovelands terrain is above tree line which is cool so we made several awesome runs in pretty deep powder with no tracks through it. chair 4 was cool and chair 8 had the east rope trees which were realy nice. my dad took an advanced lesson and he was the only one in the lesson so it workd out well for him and it helped him a lot. There were other NICE stashes that I am not willing to reveal the identity of.chair 1 was awesome too, especially over the rainbow, i judt like tat run a lot for some reason and all the trees off chair 1 were nice too.

hell yeah those trees off chair 1 are dynomite.
ICEHOCEY77
Intermediate

skiing rules wrote:

we need one of these to go to catt, beechcraft 1900

Just don't fly out of CLT. :shock:
Think Snow
Intermediate

skiing rules wrote:
[img]

cool house off I-70 near Denver

that house is from the woody allen movie "Sleeper"
KneeDeep
Expert

Don't ask me how I know this, but that house was also used for the remake of Charlies Angels.
admin

skiing rules wrote:
anything off the palli lift or off the east wall is way more intense than aanyhing at keystone, there are 50+ degree runs through trees and chutes with some rock drops at abasin on the palli lft, and that kind of skiing is way more appealing to me than some groomer over at keystone

TS, Kneedeep...I spent a day off pali a while back...don't recall anything 50+ degrees, is that so? 50 degrees is mighty steep...
skiing rules
Expert

all of us handled the altitude fine,no problems at all. on the palli lift if u go all the way out to skiers left as far as you can there are some really steep tree chutes and trees that are really close to 50 degrees, if not 50 degrees, i read it on a forum somewhere, but runs on the far boundary like gauthier are really steep, we skied it several times and it is steep.