The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

TR: Cat 3/11 report w-pics

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
snowbird
Advanced

wayne,

dont feed the troll. thats all staller is. im sure he will be gone in no time.
admin

i was at cat today, 3/12. it was even a little slushier today. not to be a downer. i did leave before 4:30, i think i have spring fever.....thinking more about pulling the kayaks out than i am about skiing....DID I JUST SAY THAT??? On a positive note, I was talking to some of the staff, and they are planning on making snow at least a couple of nights this week, hopefully more. And next weekend we should have some good conditions again. I found this interesting....they are absolutely staying opened thru 3/36....but they are going to try to stay opened thru April first....If they are opened on the first, they are going to have some cool stuff, like lift ticket prices from 1960. Of course, the bunny hill may be the only thing open by then....but we can hope!!!
admin

waynecash wrote:
I hope they make snow this week because I am going with drmnofpow and Gresh next Saturday to make some turns. I may head up to Hawks afterwards for some late night skiing if they didnt close today.

NWS for Banner Elk next weekend:

Friday: A chance of snow or rain showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 39.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low near 15.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 44.

:shock: :shock:
ma267
Expert

dag wayne first you get called a fag by appskater now your gettin threatened to be beat out of post.
admin

waynecash wrote:

muffinhead3000 wrote:
i was at cat today, 3/12. it was even a little slushier today. not to be a downer. i did leave before 4:30, i think i have spring fever.....thinking more about pulling the kayaks out than i am about skiing....DID I JUST SAY THAT??? On a positive note, I was talking to some of the staff, and they are planning on making snow at least a couple of nights this week, hopefully more. And next weekend we should have some good conditions again. I found this interesting....they are absolutely staying opened thru 3/36....but they are going to try to stay opened thru April first....If they are opened on the first, they are going to have some cool stuff, like lift ticket prices from 1960. Of course, the bunny hill may be the only thing open by then....but we can hope!!!

I hope they make snow this week because I am going with drmnofpow and Gresh next Saturday to make some turns. I may head up to Hawks afterwards for some late night skiing if they didnt close today.

Once again who cares. I'll meet up with you guys, and really teach you how to ski.
admin

You fools couldn't pay me enough to show up in NC. The real stuff is at snowshoe. best mtn in the U.S. Come to snowshoe and ski and then we will talk.
ma267
Expert

but not a troll
dreamnofpow
Expert

Wayne, she was a total hottie skiing the bunnie slope. We talked to her for a little bit, we were having a safety meeting in the parking lot and she waved as she drove by... tennessee plates... maybe stinky or TD will recognize her?

admin

drmnofpow wrote:
Wayne, she was a total hottie skiing the bunnie slope. We talked to her for a little bit, we were having a safety meeting in the parking lot and she waved as she drove by... tennessee plates... maybe stinky or TD will recognize her?

Now that's a MILF right there.