The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Ski NC Summit pictures/report

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
g8erhater
Advanced

GreshamB wrote:
g8ter you doubt us....

Dude, when I got there the Bird was in the fetal position under the back end of a Tahoe (which, in part, answers his question about getting so dirty). Later that afternoon, he was making his move on a... younger... female in neon green ski pants. Let's just say I am surprised he can even talk now!
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Today was a total blast!! There will def be some entertainment value in the threads this week. HHMMMM..... how many places DID the bird sleep? Total fun makin runs with you guys!! Every pic I got of Mark has a cup or bottle in his face

Somebody hold Birds hand Tomm. I got some killer pix Will post. not tonight.

Anybody get any bunny shots? Bird & I did! youll see

If you enlarge the POD it looke like XBOX's friend is getting a happy ending so to speak.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
snowbird
Advanced

well u know. i had a boomber day, and my party was boomber. they said it was not my bday so it turned nito a batchersl party. it was boobmer.
snowbird
Advanced

well now that half the crew is up and some are still asleep i think we are gonna be getting ready to roll out in the next hour or so to cat. the night was def awesome. left my party at 2am got back to motel at 215ish, blacky and mark stayed out longer. i heard mark at around 430, so no telling when he came in. the night was def much more interesting for them, but its all gud. i had a boomber time. we are going to meet up with uncle stinky here before too long and have a big ol time at cat.

so i only have marks pics on my computer i was in no shape to be taking pics yesterday so i wont steal his tunder and post his stuff. im sure his report with pics will be much better than me just posting pics.

birds
pagamony
Advanced

A very good time on Saturday, great to meet so many. thanks for the turns.

I skiied a few laps with Mike - a really good guy to ski with. thanks for everything.

Made several laps with scooter in the morning and I skiied the afternoon OFF with duckrabbit who has some good form on those looooooong skinny sticks in the bumps. I won (or lost) 3 to 2.

Slik, thanks for the grill and goldschlagger - that made the lunch break just right. we lost you on the slopes right after lunch - what happened?

no further comment on the bird show needed.
2slikstix
Expert

The Bird & I had no problem making friends of the Bunny kind!
2slikstix
Expert

7 out of 8 strangers gave the official Flag Parade and SKINC thumbs up and a beer to boot!

[img]

davidski
Expert

2slikstix wrote:
The Bird & I had no problem making friends of the Bunny kind!

:) lucky you

stix--- what are your skis in the picture?, I can't make out the graphic but I bought a used pair of Rossignol Freestyle that look identical, they've been o.k. not stiff enough as I'm a cruiser not a freeskier (freefaller, yes) I knew nothing about them but they got me out of the rental scam and off my 1980 190cm K2 Comp820
SkiCop
Expert

For those who didn't attend and for those who did:

Do not underestimate this group of guys. You will hear stories about wild and crazy people who were, at times, on the edge of out of control. You will see pics showing things that might not be in the best taste. What you probably won't see or hear is the real story. The turth is, everyone there shared a love of skiing first and foremost. We were a diverse group that came together and had a great time. I skiied with almost everyone and didn't meet a soul that I wouldn't spend a week skiing with. The experts didn't make those of us who are not so expert feel unwelcome and everyone spent some real quality time together. Mike came through to make it well worth the trip. Gresham and 2slick spent a lot of time in the parking lot cooking for everyone else. DuckRabbit was the hero of the day with his incomparable brew. (Get your hands on some Milk Stout and Amber any way you can.) I brought a friend who was on his fourth day on the slopes and he raved about the day for the entire six hour ride home. He said that there is no way he would miss it next year. Me either. Thanks for the good times everyone. I really enjoyed meeting you all and can't wait to make some more turns with SkiNC.