The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

TR: 62 Inches at MT Baker, WA 2/11/14-2/17/14

Created to honor the most worthy of all Threads - These will remain locked for your reading enjoyment
davidski
Expert

that was great Droogie, Schwietzer, Baker; you've hit some of my must do someday -- There was a long article, last year?, about baker ski patrol in Powder. Glad the timing was so perfect for you

--- what skis were you on?
Droogie
Advanced

@swamphox 297267 wrote:Nice TR! I wanted to get out there even if it was in drought conditions.

I don't think that would be very good especially at Baker. During the drought the only things that could be skied were the groomers. Off-piste was miserable and actually dangerous unless it was above freezing. Baker had enough snow to have everything open, but like 3 weeks went by without snow. The PNW is different from say Colorado or Utah because they don't really get packed powder of piste like you will commonly find days after a storm. If we would have been skunked at Baker we were willing to totally abandon our house and drive as far away as 8 hours to get good skiing.
Droogie
Advanced

@davidski 297275 wrote:There was a long article, last year?, about baker ski patrol in Powder. Glad the timing was so perfect for you

--- what skis were you on?

Did not see that article even though I subscribe. Lol. A google search brought it up but I could not access it.

I didn't even bring skis other than my pow planks and it worked just fine! My skis for the trip were 2012 181 CM Surface Live Life's from 146-110-130, 22 M radius, rocker-camber-rocker mounted up with Naxos NX 21s. If I lived in the PNW they would be a viable soft snow quiver of one and they would be my powder skis if I live in Colorado. I love them!

Topsheets are different from what I have.

http://surfaceskis.com/hardgoods/lifeseries/live-life/
davidski
Expert

@spydeeTJB 297236 wrote:Awesome! Fingers crossed Vail gets anything close to that in 2 weeks.

or snowshoe this weekend
yardsale
Expert

sorry the weather didnt cooperate, hopefully you get better next year
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
RMacSki
Advanced

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
skiing rules
Expert

Awesome TR and Trip! I've wanted to go to baker for years. I'll make it up there before too long. You had a great group to ski with! I love being one of the least skilled skiers in a group. You learn so much. Guys that used to race are really solid.
FleurDeSki
Beginner

If it snows like that on my trip to steamboat in 2 weeks, I'm asking for a refund....I don't own a snorkel.
Ski4Fun
Beginner

That is frickin' insane! Great post!!!!
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

Deepest pow of the season!
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=