The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Skipink's Most Epic Snowshoe Summit TR 2011

Created to honor the most worthy of all Threads - These will remain locked for your reading enjoyment
skipink
Expert

With the weather reports looking iffy I meet ODB, JefferyC, Twister and Philbilly at 8 a.m. on Friday to proceed to the Shoe. Arrived and checked in and were on the snow by 2 p.m. The first people we saw were the Doble group and from then on it was wide open. Even though it was a little warm and corny, the clouds stayed away and we skied until closing, ate dinner and proceeded to Silver Creek for night skiing where the slopes were in fabulous shape since the temps had dropped.

Arriving to the view of the Western Territory

Ready to make the first run

Pamela on Skip Jack

Silver Creek

Saturday, the Junction had a great buffett breakfast for us, opening early so we could get out and have the group photo and get on the snow. It was pretty foggy but the snow was nicely groomed great early on, but soon got thick and then the fog got heavier, so that it actually started feeling like rain. :eek: Met lots of great new people to ski with including but I didn't take many pictures as I was trying to keep up! Soon after lunch, I opted for the hot tub instead of the slopes. However there were many who stayed out, including Captain America until after 5:30.

The Skiwryter family at the Ballhooter lift.

Ballhooter lift around lunch time.

Just for you Davidski...definately not like last year.

Skizer and Dee on the Soaring Eagle lift.

Widowmaker

The Captain

"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
caderader
Intermediate

nice...that line under the lift (ballhooter?) looks like a lot of fun...at least the piece in your picture
skipink
Expert

On Saturday night we had a great party at Hoots at the Top of the World. Lots of socializing with half price food and drink which is why most of the people in the photos will be unidentified, because I can't remember most of the names. Forgive me in advance. If you see yourself in a picture, let us know your name!

The Bos on teh bus go round and round...

Skizer, ODB, Skicop and MrsSkicop

Josh and Zeus

Stickers were everywhere

Stealthboarder and JefferyC

skipink
Expert

The forcast for First tracks was rain, rain, rain and at 7 a.m. that is what it was but at 7:15 it turned to snow mix and then all snow. It made for a great surface. Camp 99 had been groomed but sawmill and Widowmaker were left to be covered in natural. We all lapped until we were soaked and starving and called it a day.

Thanks to Snowshoe and to Mike for making this happen and for all the discounts we got as a result of SkiSE.

Waiting for rope drop

looking up Camp 99

Widowmaker

JefferyC and ODB coming off Camp 99

Flume

The drive home

hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

Outstanding TR Pinky
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
SKISC
Expert

Looks lioke a great time . Hate I had to miss it. November is right around the corner. See some of you guys this summer, the rest I lookk forward to seeing as soon as the snow falls again.
Tmiller72
Expert

Nice report.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
Tman
Beginner

So glad it snowed while you guys were up there. Awesome TR!
skiing rules
Expert

Lower Shay's looks soo Scary!!!

Great TR Pink I wish I have could have joined for the camaraderie/debauchery.
skiing rules
Expert

I'll just have to save it for the summer summit