The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

I would like an explenation from admin...

Created to honor the most worthy of all Threads - These will remain locked for your reading enjoyment
Superorb
Advanced

It's called a symbiotic relationship ;)
SkiCop
Expert

BTW, it's "explaination."
StealthBoarder
Expert

explanation
time2323
Beginner

lol
Dontay
Beginner

@SkiCop 229697 wrote:BTW, it's "explaination."

its spelled without a "I" its explanation despite what many think believe it or not. So many words are twisted around, I have to spell check alot haaa...

EDIT! You guys beat me to it ☺
BaZinGa
Advanced

Lucy, you've got some splainin to do!
Freeheel Tarheel
Intermediate

explanation

i is a asu grad........
angel
Advanced

Explanation. Sorry, cop....just couldn't help it! ;)
adm1n
Intermediate

@BusinessBruce 229642 wrote:Why the Bill Rock thread was shut down as soon as people started telling the truth!

I don't know who you are Bruce, but let me attempt to answer your question - which would probably have better posed privately to me.

First, when you put yourself in the media's eye such as Bill Rock, Gunther Jochl, the Costin's at Beech or ANY other of the management and ownership teams at ANY of the ski areas - you're open to people trash talking. I don't think you can find ONE ski area manager or owner that would not have SOMEONE angry or not happy with them in one form or another. Look at ANY newspaper of television news station in the region and you won't find ANY ONE OF THEM allowing people to personally attack business owners within their communities within their publications.

The internet, while different in the sense that it "opens itself up" when we provide forums such as this, etc, STILL has a responsibility to at least attempt to not allow personal attacks against any individual persons.

I have personal issues with at least ONE ski area owner in the region and while I might have fun with my comments from time, I challenge you to search the THOUSANDS of pages of archived articles on this website to find ONE personal negative comment about any individual owner, manager, etc. I don't do it and I don't allow it.

As far as censorship - I am a member of two other national, newspaper, sports forums and I and thousands of posters have had threads edited, deleted, etc when the owners of the websites feel that a line has been crossed.

I am not defending our position by illustrating what other forums do, however I am only stating that it makes sense to refrain from personally attacking I-N-D-I-V-D-U-A-L-S.

The above statement is OUR BLANKET policy. My PERSONAL comments about Bill Rock can be summed by saying:

Bill Rock was and IS a "brother from another mother". I not only respect the heck out of the guy - I grew to like him an AWFUL lot. I will miss the few times each season that I was able to chill and have dinner or a beer with he and his great family. He and I will remain friends.

Bill NEVER used me. Period. I HAVE probably used Bill a couple of times. He and all of his staff have always gone the extra mile for me, my girls and my businesses. He and I had discussed joint business interests as well. I like to think that Bill would agree that we had a phenomenal synergy that met our mutual business needs and that we BOTH always went the extra mile to insure that we got equitable good from any business that we did.

I am hopeful that I will form the kind of like, respect and appreciation for future top brass at Snowshoe that I did with Bill Rock. As clearly as I can say this - I REALLY like the guy. We are very much alike and if somehow that forms a negative impression in some minds then so be it.

I know that Bill Rock is VERY missed at Snowshoe. Life goes on and Snowshoe's peeps have moved on with Snowshoe's best interest at heart. I also know that Bill was very well liked and respected within the community and the state of West Virginia. Did he have a bump or two along his path while at Snowshoe? I'm certain of it.

Don't you? Don't we all?

If you or anyone else is BENT on making negative comments about people - then find another venue to do so or start your own website.

Mike
angel
Advanced

Who's! I'm slow on the draw.... Or you guys type really fast!!! : )