The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

I would like an explenation from admin...

Created to honor the most worthy of all Threads - These will remain locked for your reading enjoyment
Shoebunni
Intermediate

i was really wanting to hijack and say that i love your screen name brewskis...
caderader
Intermediate

@time2323 229699 wrote:lol

@SkiCop 229720 wrote:Dang, yous guyz reelly cain't take a jok.

uhh I think you should explen this to me dont you mean juoke. gah... ;)
OhDrinkBoy
Expert

bwaaahahahahahaha

Some "business people" really make me laugh. Airing ill defined negative opinions on a web forum is not very business like.
Brewskis
Beginner

@Shoebunni 229725 wrote:i was really wanting to hijack and say that i love your screen name brewskis...

Ha thanks. Pretty much my two fav things. I've used it for a while on other forums, and was surprised it wasn't taken here.
Superorb
Advanced

@EastCoaster 229723 wrote:but I am genuinely interested to know your basis of thought for this statement.

+1. I'd like to see what he's backing up this statement with.
Zone Driven
Expert

im in for the reading.
adm1n
Intermediate

@BusinessBruce 229719 wrote:Yes I do post videos here, but I've never made a penny from them it's something I do for the love of my sport. I don't see how anyone who actually cares about the SPORT of skiing and snowboarding around here can say Bill Rock was good foe Snowshoe. Bill used you to smooze over the public while he set snow sports back five years in this area, and replaced just about every knowledgeable employee with cheap labor. Just go ahead and delete my account like you did they guy who decided not to advertise with you this season! Sincerly, Bruce Persinger, P.S. you tried to get me to do some work for you last year if you don't remember, don't want anyone claiming I'm hiding behind a screen name.

Bruce I am going to only give this one more shot. But let me set you straight on a couple of things.

Number one - we would never kill an account because someone decided not to advertise. We WOULD kill an account when that same someone on one hand said they got most of their business from another source and yet was found to be massaging the website (monitoring) for posts where people were asking about Snowshoe lodging and then HE would PM those people telling them not to make reservations through Snowshoe because he and his friends owned lodging. So he was USING our website but didn't think it was valuable enough to advertise.

On the other hand SNOWSHOE DOES ADVERTISE - handsomely I might add.

Number Two: Bruce you allude to me trying to recruit you to "do something for us". Don't know what you could possibly be talking about.

Number Three: You claim that we're hurting the industry and that we'd get more traffic, etc if we were somehow operating differently. Let's see, we have THE MOST VISITED SKI WEB PRESENCE east of the Rockies and more than 60 television stations use our content from time to time. We had 87,000 unique visitors this past weekend alone. We had so much traffic three weeks ago our servers couldn't handle it.

We need more traffic?

I think you should maybe keep your visitation over to the other website I saw you on minutes ago. Let's see - you're one of three on there. I also noticed that they allow all sorts of negative trash talking and the site pulls 1/100th of the traffic we get. Somehow I'm not following your great business logic.

Why don't you spend your valuable time "doing business" rather than attempting to pass your obvious hate off as some kind of proposed service to the ski industry.

By the way...we are in the process of killing your account and blocking your connectivity as you requested.
Freeheel Tarheel
Intermediate

@adm1n 229740 wrote: Let's see, we have THE MOST VISITED SKI WEB PRESENCE east of the Rockies and more than 60 television stations use our content from time to time. We had 87,000 unique visitors this past weekend alone. We had so much traffic three weeks ago our servers couldn't handle it.

Wow, I got to say that is very impressive. Congrats!
adm1n
Intermediate

@Freeheel Tarheel 229744 wrote:Wow, I got to say that is very impressive. Congrats!

Why, thank you. Thank you very mush... (purposely misspelled for "elvis" effect).

Mike
caderader
Intermediate

it's getting bad when you have to expeln sarcasmic mispeliins and shuch.