The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

TR: Powerline. NC...BC.

Created to honor the most worthy of all Threads - These will remain locked for your reading enjoyment
EastCoaster
Expert

This season has been...odd to say the least. In the best way possible, I suppose. The east coast has been getting pounded with snow, while the west has struggled until the last couple of weeks. I've skied more pow on the EC than in the west.

Beech Mtn has seen 21 inches of snow in the past 48 hours, on top of a base snowpack that has coated the mountain. On the way into the parking lot, I noticed a particularly tasty looking powerline cut coming down from the top of the mountain- when MBlacky and skiatlanta showed up, they confirmed the tasty looking nature of said powerline cut as well.

Mission on.

Turns out that there is a road that runs the ridge from Beech Mtn on down, in order to access the houses along the ridge. Also turns out that the road happens to access said powerline.

Game on.

I am not exaggerating when I say that these could have been early-season turns at any resort I've ever been to. Boot-top pow from top to bottom, with very nice sugar up top ranging to crust on the bottom where it had been baked (shaded aspects were still nice).

The first crew was MBlacky, skiatlanta, Ga Tom, and myself:

skiatlanta likey:

sweeeeeet pow pizzle:

Oh yeah:

BLACKY GONNA GET SUM:

Booyah:

Farming da pow:

skiatlanta coming down:

Ga Tom popping through the pow:

Run 2. When I say powerline, I mean powerline:

skiatlanta sickter:

ONE THUMB UP FROM MISTER BLACKY:

Ga Tom throwing down:

2slik joined us for this run. If you didn't think he was going to jump off something, you dont know 2slik very well:

skiatlanta catching some airtime with a nice view of the line (and Blacky):

We pretty much all fell- with hidden branches, stumps, and rocks, it was inevitable. There was a 2-3 ft base in most places, but still grabbies ready to take you down. I managed to lose a ski for 10 minutes. Blacky demonstrates:

He made up for it by catching air, with Tom looking on:

Our last run included jbc28 and Ga Tom Jr. Jr can shred:

skiatlanta finding a nice little air:

jbc28 wanted to get in on the action. Some boarding steeze:

One of my fav pics of this TR. Airtime:

SHREDDED. The line at the end of the day:

Finally, a tribute to the SkiNC spirit and one of the best pictures EVAR. GO BLACKY GO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:

FIN.
SteepNdeep
Intermediate

I was eyeing that power line the other day, how long was the hike up?

nicely done boys

edit: never mind, read the description
EastCoaster
Expert

We met a couple guys hiking up on our 3rd or 4th run. They didn't look too happy. I think it would probably be a 15-20 min boot once you set the bootpack, but setting it could be a pita.

If we had thought of it earlier, we should have run shuttles bottom-to-top while the snow was still good.
Freeheel Tarheel
Intermediate

best TR ever!

killer photos. too funny.
SteepNdeep
Intermediate

make sure to post this shizz on TGR... I can't wait to see their reactions
outdoor wood
Intermediate

"PHOTO OF THE DAY"

way to slay, congrats
skiing rules
Expert

wow thats sick, good job to all involved. Kinda wish i went now. too bad i dont have money
jbc28
Expert

Good times.
davidski
Expert

great stuff -- that's a morning that will probably go down with some of your best days out west, north, south or east.

So you weren't shuttling up?
VikingImpact
Beginner

Those pics are really sick. Too bad the snow softened up towards the afternoon.. I heard that walk wasn't exactly fun to make haha. It was a great trip, and the auction was really fun :)