The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

TR: MassaWHAT? a VA/DC epic

Created to honor the most worthy of all Threads - These will remain locked for your reading enjoyment
Josh
Expert

the more i look at the 'Nutten pics, the more I want to call BS, and say rob hopped a flight to the cottonwoods...seriously bomber!
marzski
Advanced

Well, I can vouch for the fact that EC was at Mnut. Saw him for a minute at the top of Lift 6 today.

These two were obviously hunting for adventure at 9:40am. Their tracks at the top started just below the patroller hut. This is under Lift 6 (goes to the top). They looked like they were going to hike up into the woods.

In the afternoon, off-duty patrollers and Mnut ski team members were riding Lift 5 to enjoy the powder left on Upper Rebel Yell, um, Showtime.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
EastCoaster
Expert

^^^^ those two guys were skinning up the access road/ridge, then coming back down the liftline.

I asked a patroller on a chair ride about skiing the liftline- answer was "pass pulled and banned for the season".

Should have done it anyway. Oh well.
marzski
Advanced

@EastCoaster 198667 wrote:. . .EPIC weekend, unbelievable for the southeast. marzski, sorry I didn't catch you again today- I thought I would see you at the bottom, but never managed to spot you again. Kaputt, missed you as well. Hope you got some good turns in.

No problem. I had to keep Marz Jr. company in the morning. After a couple runs down ParaDice, she wanted to stick to the blue runs. Wasn't on my own until after 12:30 when she went off with hubby.

Thanks for confirming that we didn't need 4WD today. I heard that it's only the second time in a couple decades that happened. Sorry Kaput missed out.

Buried bench at the top of Lift 6

2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
Kaputt
Beginner

Did either of you guys happen to see these two guys hanging out at the top of Chair 6?

Was pretty crazy to see. I'm assuming they were escaped from a farm...99% sure VA doesn't have wild mountain goats.
afrobigfoot
Expert

That looks pretty awesome, especially the part about skiing in DC.
time2323
Beginner

This isnt in the HOF already?
marzski
Advanced

@Kaputt 198788 wrote:Did either of you guys happen to see these two guys hanging out at the top of Chair 6?

Was pretty crazy to see. I'm assuming they were escaped from a farm...99% sure VA doesn't have wild mountain goats.

Nope. I'll have to keep an eye out for them this week. Marz Jr. would love to see them!
teledave
Expert

EastCoaster;198664 wrote:
SHREDDED:

Looks like Farmer Dave was in DC over the weekend.

Great job, Rob!
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
apxskir
Beginner

EC throwing down for TR of the year. Nice job to get us kicked off here. KD has got his work cut out for him in response to that. Great pics. I can't believe you threw in some DC shots. I never thought I would see that.

Now that's a TR!