The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

TR: Oregon

Created to honor the most worthy of all Threads - These will remain locked for your reading enjoyment
Droogie
Advanced

Great trip! I'm pretty sure that I'll be skiing Bluewood and Silver Mountain when I visit the girlfriend's family in a few weeks.
time2323
Beginner

Clicking on a Porter TR is like opening that christmas present you knew you were gonna get, but its even more awesome when you actually see it.

Incredible good sir.
Zeus
Expert

Mmmmm.....Bacon.

Much awesomeness Porter, great stoke.
EastCoaster
Expert

That looks like pretty great coverage for this time of the year. Nice TR as always, good to have you posting again.

BTW, there was a guy on TGR selling bumper stickers that say "My life is better than your vacation". I think if anyone needs one, its you.
KneeDeep
Expert

Now, if you could just post the TR in the right forum, we'd all be happy. :)
brookbarrel
Intermediate

thumbs up
Silence160
Beginner

Jealous...awesome trip.
Josh
Expert

Epic
davidski
Expert

Outstanding Porter -- I wish the pics were larger though (I have real internet nowadays)

If you ever have the inclination, post some pics of your average nightly set-up and some tips for happy cold weather car camping -- you are an expert and how you set up in remote areas would be great guidelines for us who would like to try it more in easier places or to step our game up

When you choose your routes for each day how random is it -- are you thoroughly equipped with topos and pre-planning -- are you experienced enough now to wing it according to how you read the mountain -- do you always have an idea of your descent or do you make educated guesses and backtrack if you've missed it?

Anyway great stuff love to see you on the board again

Oh yeah -- since I'm inundating you with questions anyway -- what set up and gear are you skiing with now?
dreamnofpow
Expert

^Blacky Homewood IS up to no good. They've been purchased and will soon become a "resort" with Gondola, ice skating (even though their website says they will keep true to Homewoods values. Say it ain't so.