The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Helena Jolly Educational Fund

Created to honor the most worthy of all Threads - These will remain locked for your reading enjoyment
OEC4
Intermediate

Christmas is over. The credit card bills are not due yet. Time to pony up. If a bunch of snow freaks could take this to $5k, this would really make a difference.

Count Homeless Ski Patrol in again.
Bronco
Expert

So Blake, Do you have an Update on the $$ raised so far? Hey everyone, we will be getting those tax refund checks soon. Why don't you give $5 or $10 to the fund or more if possible. You won't miss the funds and it will go to a good cause. Like OEC said, it would be great to get this to $5k or more. Also don't forget to buy food and drink outside the Viewhaus at The Beech Summit. A percentage of the sales will be donated to this fund.
jbc28
Expert

Still holding steady, but Mike did say that SkiSE/SkiNC will be kicking in more than the $1k originally pledged.
Bronco
Expert

jbc28;168980 wrote:
Still holding steady, but Mike did say that SkiSE/SkiNC will be kicking in more than the $1k originally pledged.

That's awesome. Hopefully they(Ski Beech) do some other things to contribute to the fund. If I'm correct, Mike was saying something about this. Big props go to Mike for all that he is doing.
JC4FreeC

@jbc28 149980 wrote:She is 7. I guess that would be 2nd grade.

Helena will turn 8 on 3/3/09. She is in 2nd grade and is really doing well. Most of you guys don't know me but, I am a very close friend of the family. Christine, Helena and I will be creating a web site to celebrate his life and the things he loved (redirecting hroconline.com to the address) and would love to have some of your pics, thoughts, stories, etc...

I will post more information as we get everything setup.

remember - whenever possible - experience Jolly time......

See you on the 21st...
Bronco
Expert

JC4FreeC;169517 wrote:
Helena will turn 8 on 3/3/09. She is in 2nd grade and is really doing well. Most of you guys don't know me but, I am a very close friend of the family. Christine, Helena and I will be creating a web site to celebrate his life and the things he loved (redirecting hroconline.com to the address) and would love to have some of your pics, thoughts, stories, etc...

I will post more information as we get everything setup.

See you on the 21st...

That is awesome JC. That's great to hear the family is going to celebrate his life. I really wish that I could have met Jon. He was a BIG asset to this site that will be truly missed.
Rhyno
Beginner

Jon was an extreme skier. In the good ol' days , Southern Star was a mogul run , and so was lower White Lightening , Jon could bump ski with the best of 'em . Now it's all snowboards hitting jumps , rail jams and jib diaper tricks .. Jon represented Beech Mountain in it's glory days ... Miss you buddy !!
teledave
Expert

JC4FreeC;169517 wrote:

Yep, that's what Jon was all about.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
SkiCop
Expert

Did Jon ever do anything and not have a great time doing it? He should be a role model for us all.
SKISC
Expert

SkiCop;170019 wrote:
Did Jon ever do anything and not have a great time doing it? He should be a role model for us all.

Very true