The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Helena Jolly Educational Fund

Created to honor the most worthy of all Threads - These will remain locked for your reading enjoyment
jbc28
Expert

Big thanks to those who have contacted me and those who have already donated. We are off to a great start.
medicaldawg
Beginner

yea broke here at the moment also. Since he was a member for 4 years I say give it a month for each year.
Markhpnc
Intermediate

Long time no post... new messageboard. This is really a great cause and I hope everyone who can will contribute. I still need to send mine but will be doing so ASAP.

RIP Jolly, not sure what I will do without you this summer...
jbc28
Expert

Update:

Currently at $1,200! Thanks to all who have donated. I hope that we can double or triple it before we send it in.

To those who have donated,

I will have a tax ID number associated with the new account that I created for this money. I will be able to send receipts for your tax records.
jmoney
Beginner

I was not fortunate enough to know Jon, but my condolences to his family and those that did know him. This educational fund is a great way to reach out... I am definitely willing to donate. I'm just curious, how old is his daughter and what grade is she in?
jbc28
Expert

She is 7. I guess that would be 2nd grade.
OhDrinkBoy
Expert

JBC...

PM me your name and address and who to make the check out to and I'll drop it in the mail.

ODB
OhDrinkBoy
Expert

whoops just saw it in the post...don't bother. I'll mail it to the bank.
MSDOG
Expert

Twister, PM me your cell #. I've got a question to ask about the fund.
OEC4
Intermediate

We really need to make this important. Even a donation of $10 will make a difference thru the miracle of compound interest. This money will build over 10+ years.

I ask all of the regulars to make a donation. The amount is not important. Just GIVE!!

The amount you pay for gas has gone down a minimum of a buck a gallon in the last 2 weeks. Give the difference.

If giving $10 or $20 bucks is going to come between you and starvation, maybe we should start a fund for you. I would donate.

Since August 1, I have so far gone without pay for 36 work days. Eating lots of soup. Shopping at the discount grocery store. I would really love a steak. However, the crock pot is doing soup again. I decided to treat myself and I have a meat loaf in the oven.

We can all give for something. That is important. Just Give. You may make possible the next great doctor or scientist. Or you may just make a better life for a child that lost her father.

Are we just a bunch of snow freaks, or are we snow freaks that want to help one of our own.

So much for my rant.