The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Helena Jolly Educational Fund

Created to honor the most worthy of all Threads - These will remain locked for your reading enjoyment
jbc28
Expert

It was a good week for the fund....thanks everyone.
SkiHeel
Advanced

Blake,

Check's in the mail. Please let me know when you get it.

Thanks,

Tim
jbc28
Expert

$2.2k and climbing.
Publicenemybrad
Expert

good deal. needs more in it.
adm1n
Intermediate

First thanks Blake for keeping up with this. SkiNC.com wants to make a donation of $1000 in honor of Jon. Plus I would like to perhaps suggest that we have a Summit at Ski Beech sometime in February. I will work out some dates with the management. I was thinking that perhaps we could hold some kind of fun race event during the summit wherein we could raise money for Jon's daughter.

I know that you guys always come with great ideas. How about send me some ideas via emails to: [email protected] and let's see if we can raise some genuine monies for the fund.

Thanks guys and gals.

I will send a check this week Blake...

Mike
teledave
Expert

adm1n;155102 wrote:
SkiNC.com wants to make a donation of $1000 in honor of Jon.

I will send a check this week Blake...

Mike

Strong. Very strong, Mike.

Wow!
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
jbc28
Expert

Very cool....we're up to 3.3k now.

A little bookkeeping update...I have had some people give me conflicting info on a way to avoid tax penalties on these donations that are made out to me. My tax guy has been elusive lately. I will try him again in the morning. I just want to avoid paying taxes on this money that definitely is not mine. To those who have sent checks, I still have your checks locked up in my safe until I figure this out.

Any tax gurus feel free to PM me with some info....isn't MSDOG a retired CPA????
MSDOG
Expert

I don't think you have to worry about paying any taxes. Anyone can 'gift' anyone up to $12,000 anually with no tax consequenses. Then it can be a gift to the 'fund' when it is totaled as long as it is not over $12,000. It would be like a 'gift' from you to them at the end.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

GaTom ought to know if MS isnt sure. Call thomas.

Awesome Mike! Skinc Rocks.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
jbc28
Expert

Just a little update...I'm thinking of letting this run until the middle of Feb or so. A lot of people have expressed interest in donating, but need to wait until after the holidays.