The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

TR: Wa., B.C., Alta., Mt, Id, and Wa., again

Created to honor the most worthy of all Threads - These will remain locked for your reading enjoyment
MelissaM
Beginner

hahaha I have nothing to complain about :-)
downhillNC
Advanced

MelissaM wrote:
hahaha I have nothing to complain about :-)

Bump for the cool TR. Best I've seen this season. And nobody can touch (haha) the itinerary. Amazing that you did so much car sleeping for that period of time. I'll bet the adrenaline rush of a new experiences places really helped keep the pace.

This one gets five outta five cool heads..... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8).....
BirdDawg
Beginner

Awesome thread! 8)

Didn't it get cold inside the car at night?
skipanther
Advanced

outstanding TR,very doubtful it will be topped this year.Boy you roughed it but it was worth it.Sorry about the mud in your sleeping bag;by the way,how did you know what the temps were,did you carry a themometer w/you?You mentioned that it was in the negetives a lot,was it a dry cold?What is the cold weather limits of your sleeping bag?On the mtns you hiked up,how far did you have to hike before you skied back down?
porter
Advanced

The rental car had a thermometer on it.

My bag was rated for minus twenty. It was fine until close to zero. When it was below zero I had the face area pulled closed and wore a had and full underwear.

In some places it was a dry cold, but that is where it was usually the coldest. In places where it was damp it was in the twenties, usually.

When I hiked I usually hiked for two or 3 hours. And it would take about a half hour to go down. In two to three hours I could usually hike two thousand vertical feet, or so.
admin

prolly the best tr last year ......
porter
Advanced

you mean, ever?