The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Ski NC Montana summit 07

Created to honor the most worthy of all Threads - These will remain locked for your reading enjoyment
admin

It would definitely help if we could all fly into Billings...would be cheaper. I would think Butte would be really high, but I havent looked.

Then it really wouldnt matter from there. Looks like Discovery, Bridger, and Big Sky are definites there.
admin

any thoughts on Dates?
teledave
Expert

parisandrewsdaddy wrote:
Hey dave we can always wing it......usually all the areas have decent snow....just not as much as Utah.....but....the lack of skier traffic and the northerly locations of these resorts helps in powder preservation....

Bozeman is centrally located...

distances from Bozeman

Big Mtn.....5 hours...

turner 4.5

montana snowbowl.....3.5

lost trail.....3.25

discovery.....2.5

maverick 2.5

red lodge 2.5

great divide...1.5

Big sky......1

bridger....30 minutes

targhee 4

jackson 5

Its never too early to plan a party :lol:

Dave ....I have been to almost all of these resorts.....fire away

plans can be solidifed the day before we go......

The only place I ever get a reservation for is Big sky

the trip has changed every year......just before we left....based on who has the snow and who don't

Targhee /jackson is always just down the road....I am never against doing this trip....jackson 2 days...targhee 1 day.....big sky/moonlight 3 days....

If its snowing....were going.....

I usually get fresh 50 percent of the days as an absolute minimum usually we get out on the road and get going....it is never that more than an hour and a half from destination to destination....unless we head to Targhee/Jackson

I have never not been able to find a cheep hotel......

Keep talking PD, you've got me wanting to bite. As tough as it is to bypass the 'tah, MT is looking attractive. Dates?
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
admin

somewhere around the 1st of feb or last week of jan....its brrrrrrrrrrrrrr then.....but the snow is like dust

im going the second week of march with the family again...

i might try to get in utah also....

that is if i sell lots of boats.........fingers crossed.....this summer.....
admin

parisandrewsdaddy wrote:
somewhere around the 1st of feb or last week of jan....its brrrrrrrrrrrrrr then.....but the snow is like dust

Jan 27- Feb 3 should be a good target to shoot for then.

brrrrrrrrrr = better not stop to take a piss?
admin

i just got out of the pool......... :oops:
SkiCop
Expert

Sign me up, but I absolutely refuse to stay in a room with CB after a round of breakfast burritos!
admin

Aw, if we could just move it back one week...3rd to the 10th....
SkiCop
Expert

GreshamB wrote:

SkiCop wrote:
Sign me up, but I absolutely refuse to stay in a room with CB after a round of breakfast burritos!

Dude, I can speak from experience...after spending a week in methane central, I now know what it feels like to suffocate without dying...

.....And there I lay in the bed. I saw a white light in the distance. I felt drawn towards it. I awoke, gagging and struggling for breath, as CB lay there smiling, peaceful and asleep.

Did it go something like that?
admin

Don't let Gresham fool you. He's a close second.