The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Ski NC Montana summit 07

Created to honor the most worthy of all Threads - These will remain locked for your reading enjoyment
admin

Nicski's note sorta reminded me, I think the earlier we can make hotel reservations the more $ we'll save. I know I originally had the LaQuita at 45 a night but later had to change days and they jacked up the price on the change for the 2 non-overlapping days...course we gotta settle on dates.

I'm really ambivilant as to the actual dates, just can't do any earlier than FEb 3. Later feb early march works better, but I'm flexible on that.

NW to billings holding steady at 268 outta the ATL...
admin

It's calling.....

mark.....where are those pictures....
SkiCop
Expert

waynecash wrote:

waynecash wrote:

cbkoontz wrote:

kadamk7878 wrote:
im so there if anyone will volunteer to buy my plane tickets, hotel rooms and lift tickets..

are you supplying the hoo[edited for PG content] and bl[uhh guess I better edit that one too] and volunteering for DD the entire week?

Better bring a lot of bl[uhh guess I better edit that one too] if I have to chip in. I mean a whole heaping lot..

Ok I know I didnt edit my post, who was the sneaky one?

Wasn't me.
jbc28
Expert

Is the date for the summit set?
admin

jbc28 wrote:

When everyone stops bitchin about when they can and can't make it.
g8erhater
Advanced

cbkoontz wrote:

jbc28 wrote:

I just need a date to put on my calendar brother.
admin

g8erhater wrote:

cbkoontz wrote:

jbc28 wrote:

Im just trying to buy a plane ticket over here. Everybody keeps bitchin about any date that gets mentioned though.
jbc28
Expert

g8erhater wrote:

cbkoontz wrote:

jbc28 wrote:

Me too. I am trying to plan 2 trips out there. I don't want to overlap dates.
admin

everybody hold on.......I am currently studying the weather patterns .....of my wife and trying to predict when I can drop the bomb on her and then schedule the trip.....those who can make it .....sweet....

those who can't .....unsweet....

I usually get on the ball around August 15th....

and as far as dates......

feb 17 -24

or

24th - 3rd

or 3rd through the 10th

10th -17th.....denied....wifes birthday and one of these weeks is my largest demo days event.....not sure yet....

or the 17th -24th of march

we need to think later.....versus earlier......the best snows are the last two weeks of february and the first 3 weeks of march

these areas are very rocky......and you will need the full snowpack to enjoy some of the better lines and most everything from the top....

don't worry about it being too warm.....this is montana.....when they say its spring skiing......that means its gonna get up to freezing.... :P
jbc28
Expert

parisandrewsdaddy wrote:
.......I am currently studying the weather patterns .....of my wife and trying to predict when I can drop the bomb on her and then schedule the trip.....

Just tell her when you are leaving and when you might return. She will get over it. I left my wife home alone on Valentine's day with a 1 month old to go to CO this year. Of course, I am still paying for it too, but I think it was worth it. :wink: