The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Ski NC Montana summit 07

Created to honor the most worthy of all Threads - These will remain locked for your reading enjoyment
admin

wild cards.....

Maverick

http://skimaverick.com/

fat tires on the deck for 2$

and the Beastie boys cranking old school....you could hear it on the slopes....all the peeps were super friendly

Turner Mt

steep deep and cheap....

- T-Bar Burgers are delicious!

- Pizza at the Red Dog on the way home

- Bring skins and TP just in case

- Watch out for the Jeep Road

- Backcountry skiing opportunities available at Flatiron Mtn. (5 miles North)

- More to come....

Mountain Info/ 2005-2006 Rates

Summit Elevation: 5952

Vertical Drop: 2110

Runs: 20

Black Diamonds: 70%

More Difficult: 20%

Beginner: 10%

Hours of Operation: 9:30 - 4:00

Lift Tickets

Full Day Lift Ticket

Adult: $26

Junior/Senior: $21

6 and under ski free

rock star parking anyone....

admin

that about does it....I don't think I missed any of the resorts and I have surely used up several hours of daylight.....I will do more research on lodging...

all of the places have ski and stay packages that range from 65 to 95

double occupancy....

except for Big Sky

Moonlight and Big Mtn.....

I will be adding more photos of these resorts.....

It will be extremely important for all to arrive on the same day as this will be a traveling roadshow......

ski cop can lead and we can see who can keep up.....

just ask Mark how fast he was driving on I 90....

I hope this helps.......

the floor is now open for comment.... :D
teledave
Expert

My comment would be that it is WAYYYY to early to get started on this.

Also, I'm not familiar with any of the areas but other than hitting the ground at a central airport is it feasible to just wing it and go wherever the snow leads you or is nowhere (Bozeman?) centrally located enough to do that?

Lastly, you got good pow this year but what is the track record on hitting pow conditions on your MT travels. I know the skier pressure in MT is low (well except for BB probably), but UT is tough to beat for consistently hitting powder days.

Just to get things started off.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
snowbird
Advanced

ill let you all decide, and when its official ill buy my ticket out there.
teledave
Expert

More thoughts, I like this itenirary;

"the eastern assault.....

fly in to Billings or Bozeman on a sat

red lodge on sunday

Discovery on Monday

bridgerbowl on tuesday

big sky moonlight on wed/thur/fri "

and from everything that I'm hearing and my own personal knowledge of the area JH is gonna be one huge clusterf*ck next season.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
admin

Hey dave we can always wing it......usually all the areas have decent snow....just not as much as Utah.....but....the lack of skier traffic and the northerly locations of these resorts helps in powder preservation....

Bozeman is centrally located...

distances from Bozeman

Big Mtn.....5 hours...

turner 4.5

montana snowbowl.....3.5

lost trail.....3.25

discovery.....2.5

maverick 2.5

red lodge 2.5

great divide...1.5

Big sky......1

bridger....30 minutes

targhee 4

jackson 5

Its never too early to plan a party :lol:

Dave ....I have been to almost all of these resorts.....fire away

plans can be solidifed the day before we go......

The only place I ever get a reservation for is Big sky

the trip has changed every year......just before we left....based on who has the snow and who don't

Targhee /jackson is always just down the road....I am never against doing this trip....jackson 2 days...targhee 1 day.....big sky/moonlight 3 days....

If its snowing....were going.....

I usually get fresh 50 percent of the days as an absolute minimum usually we get out on the road and get going....it is never that more than an hour and a half from destination to destination....unless we head to Targhee/Jackson

I have never not been able to find a cheep hotel......
admin

Quote:
"the eastern assault.....

fly in to Billings or Bozeman on a sat

red lodge on sunday

Discovery on Monday

bridgerbowl on tuesday

big sky moonlight on wed/thur/fri "

i like this....the only big drive is to Discovery.....

but you will absolutely crap yourself with excitement when you see the terrain and the breakfast burritos are the bomb....
admin

didnt ga tom see something for 268....thats a great deal to billings....Mark flew in and out of there....
dreamnofpow
Expert

Keep a look out for those Northwest coupons in the mailers. They always have pretty good deals around $300 flying out west.
admin

I will say this ...I hate flying through minneapolis....got deiced both times this trip....going and coming....last nights turbulence was no fun for the wife.....