The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Ski NC Montana summit 07

Created to honor the most worthy of all Threads - These will remain locked for your reading enjoyment
SkiCop
Expert

I wanna ski.......ummm, rappel that.
SkiCop
Expert

Me either. I wanna go to Montana.
SkiCop
Expert

I agree with you about not being able to keep up with the rock stars. Me and you.
g8erhater
Advanced

you guys are probably better than you give yourselves credit for.
SkiCop
Expert

If I got to ski more, I probably would be. Next year, season pass at Ober. I'll be ready for Jackson Hole.
SkiCop
Expert

When is the Montana summit? Does anybody have any more info on possible dates?
Markhpnc
Intermediate

parisandrewsdaddy wrote:

headwaters terrain...moonlight basin........some of the stuff mark was hiking above..... 8)

Nice, I had to turn around because I didn't want to fall down a spot like that without my board on. I will make it out there next season with some new boots with tread on them and my pack to hold my board.

I was up under the right side of that first rocky peak in the foreground. Ha ha Montana picture tease

admin

bump for mark's pictures, maybe he'll have them up in time for next year's summit.

Oh, have we got a date for this thing yet?

I see some talk of March. I don't mind that but I don't really want to chance having 50 deg sunny days the whole week.
Markhpnc
Intermediate

cbkoontz wrote:
bump for mark's pictures, maybe he'll have them up in time for next year's summit.

Oh, have we got a date for this thing yet?

I see some talk of March. I don't mind that but I don't really want to chance having 50 deg sunny days the whole week.

They are now fully sorted. I worked on uploading last night actually and I have 108 uploaded. Probably about have about that many more to go. I get all exciting looking at them and thinking about next year :oops:

PS

Someone said Febuary and I suggested March because there are so many rocks and the more base the better. I don't think it tends to get as warm there in March either. I would go for late Febuary or very early March.