The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

The Real Men of SkiNC ride Jackson Hole

Created to honor the most worthy of all Threads - These will remain locked for your reading enjoyment
teledave
Expert

while the little girls went to Solitude.

We'd been cooking up this one for a couple of weeks; about ten or so of the summiteers were gung ho on the idea until it came time to put up or shut up.

When the time the 2AM wake up call rolled around Mr. Stinky and Gresham bailed, when I heard MBlacky in the bathroom chanting to the porcelain god I figured he was done for but he rallied and we were ready to roll.

At 3:15AM the 'Burban rolled out of SLC with myself, MBlacky, 'Bird, Markhpnc, and cbkoontz on our way to Jackson Hole WY. 350'ish miles (around 150 or so on snow covered roads) and 5 hours later we were in the parking lot at Teton Village. The report said they had received 8" of new snow overnight to go along with the 22" they had received over the prior 48 hours. Winds were heavy, with Sublette on hold and the possiblity of others being closed as well. A light snow was falling.

Time to hit the tram line, first run Rendevous Bowl to the Hobacks. Rendevous was windbuffed, not exactly powder but lots of fun. Once we got the ridge the winds died down considerably though and that windbuff became powder that got deeper and deeper the farther down the mountain we went.

As the day went along more tram laps were done as well as some laps around the Thunder and Sublette chairs. More Rendevous and Hobacks, Tower 3 , Expert ,and Alta Chutes, Cheyenne and Laramie Bowls. They were all good from the start.

Oh, did I mention that it was lightly snowing when we got there? Well that light snow got heavier and heavier as day went by, over 12" easily fell during the day. Boot deep powder turned into thigh deep powder, faceshots were the special of the day and everyone got their share.

We got on our last tram around 3:15 and sadly said our goodbyes to the red box. The last run down Rendevous started with me hitting a huge winddrift and performing a Superman double eject, sorry no pics on that one I would have loved to have seen it from someone else's point of view. The last run of the day was the best, untracked everywhere and DEEP!

We drove back to SLC in and out of near blizzard conditions, tomorrow (well later this morning actually) in the Cottonwoods should be good.

SLC to JH to SLC, 21 hours

Gas $90

Lifties $70 each

Catching Jackson Hole on a powder day and saying goodbye to the Tram:

PRICELESS!

Sleep is overrated you bunch of pansies.

Pics to come, of the real men not the little girls.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
snowbird
Advanced

Here are the Pics from the real men

BOOOOMBER

the car is packed and ready for the big trip

here is the car chillin in its 10 dollar parking spot

welcome to jackson hole

mblacky takes a shot to the face

priceless

BOOOOOMBER

BOOOOOMBER!!!

mark takes some snow to the face

cb lays down a turn in the steep and deep stuff. priceless

mblacky shreading the powder. can you say powder day at jackson hole for the men

BOOOOMBER!!!

look at that smile on tdaves face. the first run made the trip worth it, and the last run was just as good as the first run of the day

can you find tdave,

didnt think snow bc today was one of those priceless days BOOOMBER DAY to be honest with you.

we all parted ways with the big red box today

this trip was for the real men BOOOMBER DAy was had by the men.

tdave lays down some fresh turns

snowbird
Advanced

more pics BOOOOMBER!!!

cb was stoked to be out with the real men. his first time at jackson hole, well his first time out west period, and look at him rip.

tdave riding the powder

the bird does what he does best ride frshpwdr. he lives for it, and hes been in for a real treat this week

thats the bird. riding deep and steep powder

bird goes for 15 foot leap.

birds out out out BOOOMBER

bird lands the big leap

mark goes for the same leap. didnt go as big though but landed

this will be photo of the day tomorrow.

plenty more pics to come. it
snowbird
Advanced

a few more treats for you pics loving people. we had a BOOOOOBMER DAY. right now mark dave and joe are posting online and the rest of the summiteers are asleep in their beds. sleep is over rated on the summit week.

we forgot to mention that we visited the MILLION DOLLAR COWBOY bar in jackson BOOOMBER idea.

a select few pose under the antlers in jackson

snowbird goes steep and deep

got the privilage of seeing a few drop corbets, looked way to sketchy for us though.

mblaky ccomes in for a stop

thats all from snowbird tonight.

more pics and reports tomorrow.
ut_Twintip
Intermediate

I am now ill. screw it I'm going to UC denver for grad school
admin

E P I C !!!

Good for you guys!

And I'm glad to see Stinky's drinkin tallboys.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Im sick of looking at you guys, just send pix of snow and bunnies!
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
MSDOG
Expert

MAN, I WONDER WHY ALL THAT LOOKS SO FAMILAR. SEEMS LIKE I WAS JUST THERE.
g8erhater
Advanced

The second to last picture over looking that drop off is awesome (as are the rest).
snowbird
Advanced

we had a booooomber of a time. we are bout to go eat and hit up alta. see yall fools after we go ski powder.