The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Dishrag mother, bratty kid on chairlift

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
mondaylady
Beginner

It was a long time ago, but for some reason it's still fresh in my mind.

I was riding a high speed chairlift some years ago with some woman and what I guess was her 9-year-old daughter. As you know, those things run fast, and out West they're pretty high above the ground. Anyway, I went to put the safety bar down when the mother said with a smile "She doesn't like it down."

Thinking back I should have let her know that there's a reason they call it a safety bar and can the kid talk? Instead, I just left it up and didn't say anything. No doubt the little brat made the rules in that household.

I haven't skied in a while, but I think if that were to happen again, I'd pull the bar down and let them know in no uncertain terms that it's called a "safety bar and I really don't give a blank what your little bundle of joy thinks".
MSDOG
Expert

Her name must have been 'Karen'. Reminds me of the commercial where a woman says she is sorry she called another woman 'Karen'. The woman says, 'my name is Karen'. Then the first woman says she is sorry her name is 'Karen'. They did not run the commercial very long. Must have offended too many Karens.
MikeO
Beginner

Several years ago we witnessed a young snowboarder fall out of his chair on the far right lift at winterplace. Him and his buddies were horseplaying and didn't have thier bar down.
Heard he broke both legs...