The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

How to thank our contributers?

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
brigand
Beginner

I have been lurking here a couple of years, really enjoying reading the ancient threads you guys created over the years. I think I actually stumbled onto the site by way of a thread about the demise of Hawksnest, a resort I sadly never got to ski.

Anywho, someone mentioned in another recent thread how message boards were dead due to the rise of other forms of social media... forms I tend to avoid like the plague. To get to the point, I don't want to see this message board die! I just read a nice article by David which amps up my excitement about the coming season another notch.

I'm sure it has been said, but thank you to the guys that contribute these enjoyable and sometimes humorous posts - I really don't want to see this site die any time soon.

I assume these posts are unpaid, but I could be wrong. Is there any way we can show our appreciation to the writers that toil on in spite of the impending social media apocalypse? I'm not above tossing some cash towards the guys that take the time to write an article that gets me through a long work day dreaming about snow.

Thanks!
davidski
Expert

Just keep posting ! there is a long history you're right, and it continues one post at a time, or somesuch nonsense like that.

Thank you for the shout out, I like that article, there was a lot about the state of ski magazines I could have gone deeper into, perhaps another time.

The thread YOU started about the most challenging SE runs was excellent and I said I'd post some pictures but never did .. it's the right time of the year for some preseason stoke, I'll look for some good ones in the next few days
swamphox
Expert

Depends on whats being contributed. If you get in on the first day of the season they might hook u up with a free lift ticket or something because sometimes theyll just flat out ask if anyone has any content. (If they say theyll send u something they will...but u may have to remind them)

Back in the day we used to have contests.....but its been a while since Ive seen one sadly.
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

I liked the contests as well having won tickets to Gatlinburg and Beech in the past.
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Feel free to buy me a beer at 5506'.
WOOOOOO!

swamphox
Expert

theKENDOG wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:43 am Feel free to buy me a beer at 5506'.
Will do.
Ill stick to mtn dew high voltage
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
yardsale
Expert

message received! you're welcome!
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
skipink
Expert

Yes if you suck up to Kenny he might make you Photo of the Day!
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
Mellow Yellow
Advanced

Kenny - I want to be photo of the day... come on man.... give an old timer some SkiNC love!
Old Fart
Beginner

Mellow Yellow wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:53 pm Kenny - I want to be photo of the day... come on man.... give an old timer some SkiNC love!
I love you long time!