The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Massanutten Bike Park

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
ski4me
Beginner

Idk if any of yall mountain bike, but has anyone been to the Massanutten bike park yet? Looks pretty cool from the youtube videos.
marzski
Advanced

ski4me wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:45 pm Idk if any of yall mountain bike, but has anyone been to the Massanutten bike park yet? Looks pretty cool from the youtube videos.
Missed this . . . I spent a day at Mnut in mid-September. It was a special event organized by SheJumps. Was supposed to include a 90-min lesson, but the instructors were having so much run they spent the entire day with us. We had ten women and two very experienced instructors. I was one of the novices. The other women had ridden for while but had never had a formal lesson.

The equipment is pretty good from what I can tell. Rentals include full-face helmet and pads. The hardest part was learning how to get the bike into the holder on the lift.

I only rode the lower mountain greens and blue trails. Certainly more than enough to get a feel for downhill mountain biking. After lunch the more advanced riders went up to the summit. They had a very good time.

Mnut has a long tradition with mountain biking on the backside of the ridge, which is owned by the resort. Those trails were created and maintained in partnership with a local bike shop. Adding lift-served biking, with rentals and lessons was a natural progression.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.