The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Prayers and Vibes for SkiSC

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
WVULINK
Beginner

More thoughts and prayers for you. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.
RMacSki
Advanced

+++vibes+++ SKISC. here's to a fast healing and health
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
skipink
Expert

Today's update from Robin:

Tripp daily update. Good news his body is handling the antibiotic and the liver enzymes have gone down. Bad news is the shoulder is still holding the infection. We are told because of the metal plate it will be hard to get the antibiotic under the plate to treat the infection. We will be in the hospital until the incision starts to heal and sign of infection is gone. So far no improvement since Friday. If no improvement in a few days. They will have to operate on shoulder again.
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

Thoughts and prayers going up. I feel your pain and have been through the staph (mrsa) infections with my sweet wife more times than I care to think of. Keep your head up, it will happen. It took 15+ re-openings of my wife's stomach to finally get her infection under control but we have now been over a year without more surgeries.
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1
bfeller
Intermediate

++++vibes++++ The Bo's in Utah this week are still pulling for you.
OhDrinkBoy
Expert

Hang in there Tripp. We are all pulling for you.
skipanther
Advanced

++++vibes+++++,get well ASAP!
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Hey sorry I'm late to this, I don't check in this forum much. Hope you continue to improve!
skipink
Expert

Actually I have been remiss in reporting. Things got worse before they got better. SkiSC is in Charleston at MUSC. He had another surgery earlier this week to remove all the hardware due to a massive infection. He is doing much better today and is being discharged but needs to stay in Charleston for a few more days. Pain management is finally working. Still keep him and his wonderfully caretaker wife in your prayers. There is still a long way to go for recovery.
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
SKISC
Expert

Thanks for all the prayers and vibes. Things are going much better now. I hope to have the PICC line out on the 13th when I go back to the infectious disease doc. I was able to ski for a few hours yesterday but still don't have a lot of energy. That should return with time and getting out. That is my hope anyway as I am entered in a 252 mile bike ride from Simpsonville, SC to Charleston in July. Got to be ready to go. It is a 3 day event.