The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Turquoise Goodness Is At My House

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
SKISC
Expert

Pedals are now on and we are both ready to go. Tomorrow starts a new love affair with a Yeti SB 75.
ut_Twintip
Intermediate

Welcome to the Tribe
SKISC
Expert

Ride is unbelievable.
KneeDeep
Expert

Very nice... I "downsized" to the Santa Cruz Solo (with XO1 build) last week and I love it. Seems faster and quicker than my previous Bronson.
dreamnofpow
Expert

I got a new cassette and my bike rides like new.... Come ride Tuesday night Trip!
SKISC
Expert

KD, What chainring are you running? I am switching to XX1 cranks for a wider range without changing crank arms. I have the arms for the 32 and 34. Those are fine for most of the local trails but when I get in the mountains I will need the 30 and 28. XX1 handles all of them. Other than that I have no complaints. The ride this bike shells out is awesome. Still nimble like the 26 but rolls a hell of a lot better. Looking back, I am really glad that I waited on the bike I wanted. Tons of shops offered me "deals" on other brands and then my newest LBS got me the Yeti that I wanted. He is not even a Yeti dealer. His grandmother lives by the shop in Golden and he knows most folks there. Thought that was pretty cool.

Dream, I may try and make it Tuesday. I've been sidelined for three weeks due to bad tennis elbow that has worked into my hands. What time?
SKISC
Expert

I also like the little coordination SRAM did.

crappy phone pic, but that happens a times.
KneeDeep
Expert

Right now I have a 34t on the front (with 10-42t on the back), but I'm going to swap it out to 32t at some point soon. With the 34-42 combo as my 'granny", it's very similar to my ghetto 1x10 setup of 30-36t.

I can make all of the climbs around here, but some of the steep ones are a little more of a grind than I'd like if I'm riding lots of miles. I think a 32t will be a perfect compromise to give me just a little bit easier gearing. I don't have many long, flat sections to ride so I'm not as concerned with the low end.
SKISC
Expert

@KneeDeep 298945 wrote:Right now I have a 34t on the front (with 10-42t on the back), but I'm going to swap it out to 32t at some point soon. With the 34-42 combo as my 'granny", it's very similar to my ghetto 1x10 setup of 30-36t.

I can make all of the climbs around here, but some of the steep ones are a little more of a grind than I'd like if I'm riding lots of miles. I think a 32t will be a perfect compromise to give me just a little bit easier gearing. I don't have many long, flat sections to ride so I'm not as concerned with the low end.

Yeah, low end is not my concern either. Even on long flat sections I would rarely use the smallest cog. On my triple, the only time it was in the big ring was a long downhill gravel road.
KneeDeep
Expert

For me, I think a 30t with the 10-42t in the back will be overkill... according to my friend that has XO1 on his Pivot 29'er, a 32t up front is the sweet spot. I'm about to order one, so I guess I'll find out soon.