The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Webcam Timelapses

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

I've been toying around with this idea for a while and I was finally able to get it working over the weekend. I've always wanted to see timelapses of the webcams. It would be cool to see timelapses of snowmaking, the crowds on a busy weekend, a storm approaching, etc, without having to manually grab images and make a video or something. Here's what I came up with. Click on "View Timelapse".

http://www.resortcams.com/webcameras-be ... peside.php

It's only on this cam and the Watauga Lake cam right now. I think it's pretty sweet and I'm going to implement it on all the ski cams over the next week or two. Should be pretty cool during the winter!
WOOOOOO!

beeesmitty
Beginner
Tagline: I heard you know Bofa

That will be interesting to watch storms roll in
mommehK
Expert

Sounds pretty awesome...nice addition Kenny!
StealthBoarder
Expert

Pretty neat so far. Is it just limited to hourly segments or can you get more granular with it? Like down to every 10 mins of an hour.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

@StealthBoarder 291889 wrote:Pretty neat so far. Is it just limited to hourly segments or can you get more granular with it? Like down to every 10 mins of an hour.

For each cam with a timelapse, I'm getting a snapshot every 15 minutes. For the 1 and 3 hour intervals, I'm showing each image. For the 6hr, 24hr, 3 days, and 1 week interval, the gap between each image shown varies. You can look at the timestamps on each image to see the interval. I can adjust these easily if necessary, I just don't want someone to have to download 100 images.
WOOOOOO!

StealthBoarder
Expert

That makes sense. The 24 hour timelapse looked great, just wondered how it would look in 10 to 15 min increments rather than 1 hr. I think that would really be good when storms roll in especially since some move in rather quickly. You don't have to change anything. I was just curious.
codyblank
Expert
Tagline: A place where the beer flows like wine.

Very cool. Will be even better this winter. Nice one Kenny
Think snowmaking temps.
thefirewarde
Beginner

I didn't expect it to work with cameras that pan to show multiple views.

What would be really cool is if you could see timelapses of each view...
NCSkiFanatic15
Advanced

that is awesome!