The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Good Times This Weekend

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
SKISC
Expert

Left home Tuesday morning headed to DC to see my brother. I decided to take advantage of Ski Pinks offer for lodging that night to break up my drive. Wednesday I went on to DC and stayed the night in Fairfax, VA. Thursday morning I headed back and decided to take the scenic route. I went to Front Royal, VA and got on Skyline Drive and went the entire distance through the Shenandoah National Park. Beautiful drive. I continued on to the Blue Ridge Parkway and drove about 40 miles on it and decided to hop off and take 81 on down. Stayed in Blowing Rock Thursday night.

Friday I drove back over to Casa de Pink in preparation for the MS Tour To Tanglewood. Rode 35 miles today and have 25 tomorrow. Tonight we went to watch Bultaco race flat track motorcycles and that was a damn good time. In the main events he came away with a first and third. The third came in a class were he could not get his big bike running and raced on the smaller cc engine. I really enjoyed the racing.

I really can't say thanks enough to Pink and Bultaco for their hospitality this weekend. I'm sure she will have pics later. I will as well.

And thanks to Mile and SkiNC for sponsoring our bike team for the ride. We got very cool jerseys.
davidski
Expert

that sounds cool
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Did a Corn Maze...at night...Awesome fun!!
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
skipink
Expert

Ok so my post is a week late, but better late than never! The SkiSE Bike Ride for MS was a great time with more than 1600 people participating. I'm pretty sure our group had a fun time because 8 people have already registered for next year! We started out with a team dinner at Finnegan's Wake (one of our sponsors) an everyone showed up bright and early the next morning. (Some of us were brighter and earlier than others). I was not allowed to ride or talk (like that part would really happen), per Dr.'s orders and although I did not ride, I did spend the day hosting the team tent. The weather was perfect, not to hot and no rain, great food, company, music and massages. And some of us repeated it on Sunday.

These crazy guys rode 100 miles the first day!

Always be prepared!

SkiSC, Bronco and Bultaco on Day 2

"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
skipink
Expert

There was a motorized version of events on Saturday night at Woodleaf Speedway, where Bultaco went and raced the Bultaco to 1st and 3rd places in the open and over 40 races. Kudos to him for riding the bike in the morning, the motorcycle in the evening and the bike again the next day!

davidski
Expert

What an awesome TR --- and now I have the lyrics to Jim Croce' Rapid Roy stuck in my head, even though it's a different motorsport
OhDrinkBoy
Expert

can you ski in those cowgirl boots pinkie?
dreamnofpow
Expert

Bultaco=top mb names eva! Rad!
skipink
Expert

The Bultaco have him a 3rd place tonight!
angel
Advanced

I love the boots, Pink!!!!!!