The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Alright chain breakers

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
KneeDeep
Expert

Part used, part new.

Wheels: ~$250 (something like SRAM Rise 40, WTB i23 w/ XT hubs, etc)

Fork: $300-350 (Fox 32 150mm RLC)

Drivetrain: Shifters ~$60-70, FD $30, RD $50, Crankset $100

I still set my bikes up with 3x9 so that saves a little bit of cash since the derailleurs are a little cheaper, but I don't go lower than XT/X9 level components.
ut_Twintip
Intermediate

I may just wind up building one then. I'm naturally a do-it-yourself'er, currently finishing our basement out. My only concern is parts. I know what goes where, but quality, head angle, BB, chainstay, compatibility...pffft sounds like greek. I know I'm looking towards 650b as KD said it seems great for what we have around here.
KneeDeep
Expert

Update... just finished my Niner build (SRAM Rise 40 wheels, X9 build, Manitou Tower Pro fork). UT- if you want to make the drive up here some day, I'm happy to let you test my Blur LT and the RIP 9 on one of the trails in Lyons or Boulder. They'll give you a good feel for what you want, at the very least.

ut_Twintip
Intermediate

Rode a neighbors Yeti SB-66. Felt a bit different in the mechanics and I have to say, I liked it. Have you heard anything good/bad about their suspension system?
KneeDeep
Expert

UT- I sent you a PM about the SB-66.