The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Thinking About A New MTB Build And Going To The Dark Side

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
SKISC
Expert

Building bikes is a lot of fun, especially when you get to enjoy the end product. In a way it can also make a bike more affordable. Not because its cheaper, but because you don't have to buy the whole bike at once. I have an AM 26er and a HT 26. I love both of them. I think I will always keep a hard tail in the stable and they are getting very hard to find in a 26 inch bike these days. I thik it was Yeti I was looking at the other night that does not make a 26 hard tail any more.

For all mountain play bike I agree with KD on the 26. They are a ton of fun, very quick and nimble. some 29ers I have heard are getting close but not there yet. I really want to try out a 650b.
KneeDeep
Expert

I don't think 29ers will ever be as quick and nimble as a 26" bike, it's just not physically possible due to the geometry. 650b's are close, but still not quite there. They all have their place, IMO.
Bronco
Expert

I would love to demo a SC Bronson. Sounds Hella Fun!!
outdoor wood
Intermediate

i think i read The Hub in Brevard putting 650' s in the rental fleet, but call 1st.

made the 29r switch to just a few months ago. but keeping the 26r for a buddy bike w/ flat pedals to play.
davidski
Expert

wow, the tiki bar is open
SKISC
Expert

@davidski 290444 wrote:wow, the tiki bar is open

I just left
KneeDeep
Expert

Just to show I'm not biased... here's my Tallboy 29er:

And here's my "fun-bike", my Blur LT:

2slikstix