The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Picked Her Up Today

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
dreamnofpow
Expert

Nice eco-friendly bike. How is the recovery coming along?
SKISC
Expert

@dreamnofpow 289810 wrote:Nice eco-friendly bike. How is the recovery coming along?

Getting better. It has been very slow going though, until recently. Throw in four kidney stones, two of which have yet to pass and one still in the kidney which is too large to pass, it has been a rough month.

I go to the doc that did my neck surgery Thursday and I hope he clears me to at least ride the road bike. Not sure the fusion has healed enough for the mtb. I would be satisfiedif he lets me ride on teh trainer.
KneeDeep
Expert

I don't like road biking either, but I'll admit... that's a nice looking bike. What do road bikes weigh these days? 18 lbs?
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

hope it all gets healed up soon T. Our kinda outdoor activities arent sedentary ones....
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
MSDOG
Expert

Those kidney stones are alot of fun SKISC. I had around 200 of them between when I was 18 and 50 y/o and then they just stopped. Not sure why but glad they did. Only had to have 1 busted up, the rest passed.
SKISC
Expert

@KneeDeep 289836 wrote:I don't like road biking either, but I'll admit... that's a nice looking bike. What do road bikes weigh these days? 18 lbs?

Yeah, 18 is about right. Mine weighs about 17.5 without pedals.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

The only dude I know that ever assumed room temp while riding was on a mountain bike, out on a single track. He missed a turn and tomahawked a severe drop off. It was a sad state of affairs. His reason for riding MTB was his fear of cars while riding a roady.
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
SKISC
Expert

I have never been into road biking but I like bikes. I like riding bikes, looking at bikes, and wrenching on bikes. The road bike just gives me another riding option and is also a good training tool for the mtb. I am going to cruise around the hood and close by and ride on the trainer to get my bike legs back. I have been off the bike since Halloween. I plan on doing weekly group rides after that to figure things out. I think this will be almost as enoyable as the mtb.