The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Hilton Head

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
SkiCop
Expert

The room is booked for summer fun and adventure. We'll be at the Westin Resort on Hilton Head Island July 16-19. Has anyone ever stayed there and if so, what did you think about it?
dreamnofpow
Expert

The Westin is a very nice place. I used to sneak into the pool and Hot Tub years ago while staying at the HH Beach and Tennis resort which is just down the beach from the Westin. Have fun.
g8erhater
Advanced

I stayed at that Westin in February of 2004. It was a very nice hotel with some great pools, golf, and beaches. I was there for a conference though, so I didn't get to enjoy much of that stuff. :(
ICEHOCEY77
Intermediate

Oh yeah nice place...my favorite thing is the grass tennis court
admin

hilton head blows for waves....
SkiCop
Expert

parisandrewsdaddy wrote:
hilton head blows for waves....

Good. In that case I won't get run over by a surfboard. :D
snowbird
Advanced

im goign to fla july 28th. going to island of adventure and busch gardens. gonna be boomber.
admin

SkiCop wrote:
We'll be at the Westin Resort on Hilton Head Island July 16-19. Has anyone ever stayed there

Ga Tom & Family will be at that exact place those exact dates! Actually, we are staying in the condos on teh property back by the tennis courts, the wife & kids go down sunday-sunday I'll get in wed nite. I gotta be there for a conference at the westin.

We stayed in the hotel last year. You probably won't have this problem but with three kids under 9 we got et alive by all the "little" stuff like a $29 dollar skimboard $11 cheeseburger etc.
snowbird
Advanced

the beach sounds liek th eplace to be right now.
SKISC
Expert

Salty Dog is just a tourist trap. Like the Crazy Crab. There used to be a little local hangout called Big Dogs. I don't know if it is still there. Wild Wings is usually slammed, and Remmy's is a hell of a place to drink beer. They got good food too.

Another good spot is San Miguels (best margaritas on the island). It is in Shelter Cove Marina. They also have good food if you like mexican.

Hilton Head is fun. I used to go once or twice a month but have not been in a few years. Don't know much about the beach though as I have only seen it once. I always stay in the marina and rarely leave until the sun goes down.

You will have fun over there where tou are staying. The Hilton also has a good bar with live entertainment. It is over in Sea Pines.