The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Computer Help..

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
kadamk7878
Advanced

well ive uninstalled it..i guess ill try to hijack stuff but you said restart in safe mode...how do i do that

________

Medical marijuana dispensaries northridge
g8erhater
Advanced

kadamk7878 wrote:
well ive uninstalled it..i guess ill try to hijack stuff but you said restart in safe mode...how do i do that

See below.

The first step method works 99.9% of the time. When you start in safe mode, only the most necessary of programs boot up. This makes it easier to remove spyware. You will probably only have 8 or 16 colors on your screen, so stuff may look strange.

If Windows XP is the only operating system installed on your computer, booting into Safe Mode with these instructions.

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power

* Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

* Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.

* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

To use the System Configuration Utility method

* Close all open programs.

* Click Start, Run and type MSCONFIG in the box and click OK

* The System Configuration Utility appears, On the BOOT.INI tab, Check the "/SAFEBOOT" option, and then click OK and Restart your computer when prompted.

* The computer restarts in Safe mode.

* Perform the troubleshooting steps for which you are using Safe Mode.

When you are finished with troubleshooting in Safe mode, open MSCONFIG again, on the BOOT.INI tab, uncheck "/SAFEBOOT" and click OK to restart your computer
kadamk7878
Advanced

Wow..so far no problems after i did that safe mode stuff, i dont want to jinx though

________

UGGS
g8erhater
Advanced

kadamk7878 wrote:
Wow..so far no problems after i did that safe mode stuff, i dont want to jinx though

:)
admin

YanceyMan wrote:
G8ter is the Geek God Moderitius. Bow down to him.

kadamk,when you are bowing down to g8ter, make sure that pop up is not on your computer screen again. You do not want to accidentally install that stupid program by hitting your head on the keyboard.

Never, ever install any pop up program. That's always a good rule of thumb.

Good job g8er! You obviously saved kadamk there!
kadamk7878
Advanced

well the safe mode stuff fixed half the problem..im still getting a blinking yellow triangle saying system alert:pop ups..it says my computer is infected with spyware managing pop up advertisments..and im getting other warning saying i have spyware stuff and clcik yes to get software to get rid of it but i havent clicked yes any.

any suggestions??

________

WENDIE 99
vapor
Beginner

Do a search for smitrem on the net .There are pages that explain step by step how to straighten this problem out. I would print out the instructions, because some of the things you have to do are in dos mode.

See if this helps.

It sounds like a smitrem variant to me.

I had a similar problem and this was the ONLY way to remove it.
SkiCop
Expert

You could also buy a Mac and not worry about it.
kadamk7878
Advanced

SkiCop wrote:
You could also buy a Mac and not worry about it.

im more of a pc guy..

________

No2 vaporizer