The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

WHY...

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
teledave
Expert

did gas just go up 10+ cents today?

Is there a reason, or has it just been a whole 2 weeks since the oil companies gave us a good bendover?
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
g8erhater
Advanced

teledave wrote:
did gas just go up 10+ cents today?

Is there a reason, or has it just been a whole 2 weeks since the oil companies gave us a good bendover?

I don't know, but I saw it for $2.49 in Gaffney, SC yesterday and filled up even though I still had almost half a tank. I haven't really seen it below 2.70 here in Winston in a while now.
admin

Oil companies probably using the recent statement by Iran as an excuse to bend us over.
admin

everyone in political office must go......re elect no one

I've been getting a lot of calls from people trying to raise money for up coming elections.....

I always reply....

" if you can get gas back to 2$ a gallon then you got my vote and a campaign contribution......"

this is usually followed by a moment of awkward silence.....

then I just hang up....
ma267
Expert

heard that the midlle east has over 250 yrs woth the oil they just have us in a monopoly
SkiCop
Expert

He's a little slow, G-man.
admin

Just so you know, the price of oil jumped this week courtesy of two things. First was Iran's statement and second was the Saudi's statement of an output cut. I don't know if anyone has noticed too much, but watch prices carefully. You will notice two things that are important factors for summer prices, #1 prices rise much faster than they fall and #2, they never fall back to previous levels. The days of $2 gas is over more than likely.
SkiCop
Expert

The problem is that we want to buy their oil just a little bit more than they want to sell it. If we could somehow turn that around, gas prices would fall.
admin

Nosirree bob.

I think the real problem nowadays is the durhn chi-knees and the in-dee-ands want some of OUR oil.

Pretty durhned shellfish of them if you ask me. I mean cryin out loud, folks, there's two billion of them. BILLON.

They couldn't possibly live that far apart.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

Ga tom wrote:
They couldn't possibly live that far apart.

They see all you folks in ATL sittin in your cars for 3 hrs. to drive 10 miles on 285 and say "dad gum gotta get me some a dad western livin right there" (or something like that in chinese of course)
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger