The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Bryson City biking

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
VA_skier
Beginner

My wife and I will be in Bryson City for a few days next week and I'm looking for some bike routes in the area. I'll have my road bike with me so won't be hitting Tsali. Anyone have any recommendations for 30 - 50 mile rides with the emphasis on scenic, low or moderate traffic routes? We will be there during the week so that should cut down on some of the traffic.
teledave
Expert

Call the NOC and ask them, somebody in their bike shop should be able to hook you up with a nice ride.

www.noc.com
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
porter
Advanced

Yes, NOC's store in Bryson City has a booklet -- about $8 -- that lists a dozen or so rides. I'm not aware of any that long ... but there are some shorter ones. One begins at NOC in BC and heads toward Cherokee on back roads. I've done that and except for a short stretch on US 441 it's a great ride. There's a second called Lower Alarka that can begin at NOC BC and heads west to run along the shores of Fontana before climbing a pass and descending to the shore of the Little Tennessee.
SKISC
Expert

A scenic ride should not be hard to find in Bryson City.
VA_skier
Beginner

Thanks for the advice, I will contact NOC and see what they can hook me up with. One more question anyone have any suggestions on good places to eat, besides Mexican, since that has already been discussed, preferably somewhere with a good beer selection?