The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Any Buffett fans in Charlotte?

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
admin

KDAWG you are so wrong. I have lived here in Key Largo for 18 years and we are seeing some of the best fishing in years. Just because you don't know how to fish you dont have to say that the fishing sucks. I am a commercial fisherman here and what you are saying is completely false. There are people who speek spanish here, but it has always been the same since I have lived here. The famous sandbar at Holiday Isles is a favorite spot for the tourists who come in and get drunk and ruin everything. The locals hang out on another sandbar on Tavernier key which is just as fun without all the tourists. Don't get me wrong, we all need the tourist to make a living but don't get on here and make claims about things you have no clue about.
kdawg
Beginner

KeyLargoRules wrote:
KDAWG you are so wrong. I have lived here in Key Largo for 18 years and we are seeing some of the best fishing in years. Just because you don't know how to fish you dont have to say that the fishing sucks. I am a commercial fisherman here and what you are saying is completely false. There are people who speek spanish here, but it has always been the same since I have lived here. The famous sandbar at Holiday Isles is a favorite spot for the tourists who come in and get drunk and ruin everything. The locals hang out on another sandbar on Tavernier key which is just as fun without all the tourists. Don't get me wrong, we all need the tourist to make a living but don't get on here and make claims about things you have no clue about.

I know things, trust me.

I know how to fish, I just don't keep schoolies and or other undersize fish to appease my fishing needs.
admin

kdawg wrote:

KeyLargoRules wrote:

I know things, trust me.

I know how to fish, I just don't keep schoolies and or other undersize fish to appease my fishing needs.

You might know things, but not about fishing in the Keys. I have my Saltwater products license, restricted species license, snapper grouper permit, king fish permit and shark permit. If I was to get caught with just one undersized fish they will revoke all of my permits and there is no money in small fish anyways. As I told you before but you did not listen. There is great fishing down here for people who know how.
kdawg
Beginner

and saying I am wrong and don't know how to fish is appropriate and something I should take as ok and offer you the respect you have not given me?

Having seen it with my own eyes and experience does not make me wrong. I always had my appropriate recreational licenses so throwing around your license status does not impress or convince me that my personal experiences are wrong

I love Florida, I was born and raised there. I spent 30+ years there. I think I am certainly able to comment on the trends I have seen in that state. I wish I never had to move but it ended up I did and gives me even more insight on the changes that occur there being disconnected from everyday life there.

I never said "you" were a bad fisherman, yada, yada, yada. I commented on "my" experiences so they are not wrong. I think it is probably best to agree that we disagree.
admin

Cool Deal...

Sorry about busting your chops. I was just trying to prove a point. I believe the Keys are paradise. In my opinion it is like no other place in the US. Well at least for another couple of years until the 4 lane 18 mile stretch gets completed. Then it will be way over populated by the rich people who allowed that to happen.
admin

By the way. I wish I was in Charlotte to see Jimmy.

HE DA MAN
kdawg
Beginner

Phins up!!!! It should be fun.
SKISC
Expert

They are sold out in ATL and CLT both. I would love to go to either show.
angel
Advanced

Quote:
The famous sandbar at Holiday Isles is a favorite spot for the tourists who come in and get drunk and ruin everything.

We passed that sandbar once going out to "Hens and Chickens" to snorkel...saw some great-grand parent types on their boat...without their swim suits...EEEWWWW!!!!!!!!! :shock:
admin

angel wrote:

Quote:
The famous sandbar at Holiday Isles is a favorite spot for the tourists who come in and get drunk and ruin everything.

We passed that sandbar once going out to "Hens and Chickens" to snorkel...saw some great-grand parent types on their boat...without their swim suits...EEEWWWW!!!!!!!!! :shock: