The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

What are You doing today?

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
SKISC
Expert

All of our local Asian spas were raided.
teledave
Expert

Headed to the Orthopedist to have my knee evaluated.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
MikeO
Beginner

@teledave 299053 wrote:Headed to the Orthopedist to have my knee evaluated.

KOC or TOC?
teledave
Expert

TOC, Naylor.

Next stop MRI. Dr. Naylor confirmed that it sounds like a meniscus tear possibly with additional cartilage damage. On a positive note upon physical examination all ligaments seem to be intact, x-rays show good density in the meniscus and cartilage, and a very small amount of arthritis in the knee for a patient 18 yrs post ACL replacement. According to Dr. my knee looks better than the average 50 y/o that hasn't had any prior surgery.

I'm headed for some arthroscopic surgery, but really nothing very serious.
Ski Bunny
Advanced

Spent the day at Isle of Palms and ate seafood at RB's on Shem Creek.
jeffryc
Expert

@teledave 299056 wrote:TOC, Naylor.

Next stop MRI. Dr. Naylor confirmed that it sounds like a meniscus tear possibly with additional cartilage damage. On a positive note upon physical examination all ligaments seem to be intact, x-rays show good density in the meniscus and cartilage, and a very small amount of arthritis in the knee for a patient 18 yrs post ACL replacement. According to Dr. my knee looks better than the average 50 y/o that hasn't had any prior surgery.

I'm headed for some arthroscopic surgery, but really nothing very serious.A week from Friday I'm having arthroscopic surgery to repair a partial tear in my rotator cuff. A leftover from January in Utah.
THA HATTER
Beginner

Injuries bum me
jeffryc
Expert

I asked my doctor if I would be able to pitch left handed after the surgery. He said yes. That's really cool since I can't do it now!
teledave
Expert

Hmmmm, outside of I'm headed to the surgical suite I wonder what this means? "Horizontal tear of the medial meniscus extending from its mid portion into the posterior horn. Nondisplaced tear of the posterior horn of the lateral meniscus as well."
OldSchool
Intermediate
Tagline: ......................I Love Cold, Rain and Snow!

Packing up for a weekend at the lake....Cheers
"Like Tater tots in the broiler"........ sometimes they smoke

Hey Bo! Hamme one dem beers!...