The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

cameras

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
skiing rules
Expert

what cameras does everyone use on here, especially to take action shots like in the utah summit photos. we just got a nikon D50 SLR, will that take good action photos? just curious what everyone uses
afrobigfoot
Expert

I used a Canon Power shot 610

Theonly times ive used it on the snow, its been dark, and i dropped it the other day and cracked the shell, or the camera, idk, what ever, but bottom line, i wont be using it on the snow any more, for fear of getting water inside of it, but ive only had it since christmas and have taken 3500 + pictures already.
teledave
Expert

The super small Canon's seem to be really good, I've got an old school Fuji 2 MP model. The Nikon D50 SLR will be way better than any camera any UT summit pics were taken with.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
skiing rules
Expert

yea, we plan to just take it and ski with it a few runs, take pix then put it back up, definitely not ski with it all day
Tmiller72
Expert

I want the camera that Lori has! It enables you to take pics of 2 or 3 resorts at the same time from within the lodge. :wink: Ok Afro, lock it.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
afrobigfoot
Expert

waynecash wrote:

Tmiller72 wrote:
I want the camera that Lori has! It enables you to take pics of 2 or 3 resorts at the same time from within the lodge. :wink: Ok Afro, lock it.

She has the mac daddy camera, it always can find the POD...

lmao, this must be Burn Lori day :D
outdoor wood
Intermediate

I keep it simple, Canon A410, $134.00. Shoots video and sequence shots also. Takes easy rechargable AA. Uses SD Card memory. Somewhat easy to handle with gloves on. I think we had more Canons on the trip than any other brand.

Also, i am going to cut the index finger tip off an old set of gloves for pic taking.
jamsandwich
Expert

d50 is nice, you gotta know how to use it to get the most out of it though for action shots.

i have taken my canon elan 7e (film slr) on the slopes a few times to get some non point and shoot random slope pictures, but its such a hassle with a backpack, and bringing it back to the car in the rain (like this saturday) not to mention complete shadiness at resorts.