The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Please stop hijacking threads

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
ICEHOCEY77
Intermediate

Markhpnc wrote:
Some observations:

1: most of the people complaining have "newbie" status under their names and I think some newbies need to try and stay calm instead of coming in to a place where there is a tight group and talking crap

2: Birds first reponse was fairly playful with a simple pic and comment

3: everyone needs to tone it down a little bit. How many times do we have to get to the point where Mike warns us that this is HIS board (sorry bird) and he can shut it down.

4: There our plenty of way more pointless threads by children (I beleive someone referenced us as such) that nobody had a problem with here

http://skinc.com/messageboard/viewtopic ... baf16a5f13

http://skinc.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=4215

5: We do all ski in NC so anything negative about NC is obviously a joke

6: To all of US who went on the Utah trip: why don't we try to keep it nice. Look at some of your posts and see if they don't look like troll posts. I think the point is to SHARE stoke not gloat over it. We DO have plenty of threads already with plenty of Utah stoke in them we can add too. We get anoyed when other people post the same content and highjack our threads

7: To pretty much the same group as above (the old timers) I love TGR, but I think some people are taking a bit to much influence from it. One of the things that has been nice about this board is that it is friendly. A little bit of friendly joking about newbies and stupid questions is okay, but I don't think any of us has yet acheived elite skiing/boarding status where we can treat all others like crap. There is a fine line between joking and just being mean. I think a lot of this has resulted in the fact that many of us have gotten really close lately (which is a good thing) but I would like to see our group continue to grow.

My 2 cents worth

wise words.
admin

Markhpnc wrote:
Some observations:

1: most of the people complaining have "newbie" status under their names and I think some newbies need to try and stay calm instead of coming in to a place where there is a tight group and talking crap

2: Birds first reponse was fairly playful with a simple pic and comment

3: everyone needs to tone it down a little bit. How many times do we have to get to the point where Mike warns us that this is HIS board (sorry bird) and he can shut it down.

4: There our plenty of way more pointless threads by children (I beleive someone referenced us as such) that nobody had a problem with here

http://skinc.com/messageboard/viewtopic ... baf16a5f13

http://skinc.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=4215

5: We do all ski in NC so anything negative about NC is obviously a joke

6: To all of US who went on the Utah trip: why don't we try to keep it nice. Look at some of your posts and see if they don't look like troll posts. I think the point is to SHARE stoke not gloat over it. We DO have plenty of threads already with plenty of Utah stoke in them we can add too. We get anoyed when other people post the same content and highjack our threads

7: To pretty much the same group as above (the old timers) I love TGR, but I think some people are taking a bit to much influence from it. One of the things that has been nice about this board is that it is friendly. A little bit of friendly joking about newbies and stupid questions is okay, but I don't think any of us has yet acheived elite skiing/boarding status where we can treat all others like crap. There is a fine line between joking and just being mean. I think a lot of this has resulted in the fact that many of us have gotten really close lately (which is a good thing) but I would like to see our group continue to grow.

My 2 cents worth

So I'm a newbie who has been on the board longer than you???

HA
snowbird
Advanced

its gone.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

If you cant stand to look at their pix (which are AWESOME!) Book your own trip and post your own pix after. Like Me. Not to hijack this thread, but you know in 21 days I will get My taste of Utah and it Is gonna be SWEEEEEEEETTTT!!! Thanks Snowbird, TD abd the crew who made my Planning EASY!
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
admin

I'm letting it go. No big deal really, too much time on my hands and a long day at work will do it to me.

I apologize if I offended anyone.
snowbird
Advanced

Mellow Yellow wrote:
looks like I'm late to the party..... are the drinks still on the house??????

they were all consumed last fri night. we had a ton, and beer patrol was out in full force.
Joshua8200
Intermediate

GreshamB wrote:
wait! who gave the BOOOOOOOMBER rights to non summit attendees?

:lol:

:roll: (I really do get y'alls' humor...so understand mine)

Rock climbers have used the term 'bomber' for years upon years. I probably used the word on a daily basis when I was in undergrad. Since I have graduated I know probably refrain from using it unless talking to a climber.

I do think that you guys could get over your trip just a little bit.....but NO WORRIES I get a kick out of your antics.

BUUUT....I have also skiied out west at Big Sky when over 3 feet fell at the base and literally only God knows what the summit got over the 4 days that I was there. That's not to mention the like 3 feet that fell just days before I got there. While I was totally amped to talk to anyone and everyone about this trip....you don't see me posting the same tired pics over and over again. Why you might ask?!?!?! Because I was too busy actually skiing all the powder to stop and screw around taking pictures. :wink:

:lol:
g8erhater
Advanced

...and just when I thought we were gonna let this horse rest in peace...
admin

I know.....last year I was there in Big sky......snowed 67 inches in 4 days.........I personally never took my camera out .....but some of my friends did..... :lol:

But I would love to see some of your pics.....I like other peoples perspective.....

favorite runs?

Favorite trees?

Favorite lift?
Joshua8200
Intermediate

parisandrewsdaddy wrote:
But I would love to see some of your pics.....I like other peoples perspective.....

favorite runs?

Favorite trees?

Favorite lift?

Favorite Runs/Trees: Liberty Bowl, The Bowl, Rice Bowl, Ambush Glades, 'Whatever the trees underneath the gondola were', and there was some other run that locals (had a buddy that worked out there) that he had a name for...it cut through some trees to the Natural Half-Pipe...

Man I just loved everything I skiied out there. It took me about half a day to get used to how 'slow' the skis are on powder and not trying so hard to carve an edge into it...I also had to ante up and demo some skis out there. I didn't go highend or anything it was just a generic Salomon ski with about a 72mm underfoot vs the 62mm that my 'NC' skis were.

http://community.webshots.com/album/303265310OZytaq