The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Anyone going to try to open this week?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

Looks like some cold nights this week. Anyone going to try and open? Sugar is torn up at the bottom near the lift with some sort of construction project. Not sure if it will stop them from making snow. And all of the mountains in NC have a shortage of rain. I know Beech Mtn has water restrictions in the town itself. I wonder how much water is in the resort's holding ponds. It will be interesting to see if anyone tries to make snow this week and if it will affect snowmaking for the start of the season (could be a SkiSE article).
YoureNotInColoradoAnymore
Beginner

I think Killington is the best option if anyone wants to try to make turns this weekend on the east coast. I still predict a great snow year coming.