The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

cataloochie

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
johnfekete
Beginner

Cataloochie WHAT could have been . they are on my only ski once in your life list not worth coming back. BUTTTTTTTTTTT i looked at pictureeeeee nooooooooooo, iF YOOU LOOK AT O MY GOSH IT MAKES A HARD LEFT TURNNNNNNN GO STARIGHTTTTT YOU FOOOLSSSSSSSSSS. IF IT WENT STRAIGHT ALLL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM iT WOULD HAVE BEEN one of north carolinassssssss best runsssssssssss. it goes way down there past down below the lodge . Buy the fool out that lives there. THIS CRAP IS SOOOOOOOOO EASY TO FIGURE OUTTTT. YOU NEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD ME AS A CONSULTANT AT ALL NORTH CARLOLINA SKI AREAS. whoever built cataloochie made a massssive mistakeeeeeeeeeeee the bottom section there of o my gosh would have been the best partttttttt. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. just GO STARIGHT ALLL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM YOU FOOLSSSSSSSSSSSSS WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOMEEEEE. dumb southern skiers ski on anything dont question howwwwwww to make mountains better.
Take hawknest and take it alll the way down to the botttom IT WOULD HAVE MOST VERTICAL IN THE SOUTH BUT NOOOOOO DUMMIES KEEP IT JUST AT THE TIPPY TOP CAUSE THEY KNOW DUMB SOUTHERN SKIERS WILL GO NO MATTER WHAT SMALL SKI AREA YOU GIVE THEM.
johnfekete
Beginner

to the right of o my goshhhhh put another longgggg trail right there and go all the way to the bottom its probably like at least 1100 verttttttt. Put another trail to skiers right next to o my goshhhhhhhhhhhhhh. lllloooooook at the picture . loooook at the picture. If i ever get to cataloochie im gonna yell this alot and willl get thrown off mountain. It could have competed with sugarrrrrrrrrrrr . nooooooooooooooooo . IT COULD HVAE BEEN A CONTENDER ON THE WATERFRONT
johnfekete
Beginner

THEY HAVE GREAT SNOWMAKING . does not count if your trails rottttttttt. DONT YOU FOOLS GET IT SNOWMAKING FIRSTTTTT. then long trails some of them steep makes great mountain. you need bothhhhhhhhh snowmaking andddddd trailsssssssss otherwise it aint worth getting out of bed . . WOLF RIDGE need me as a consultant , gonna improve snowmakinggggg good , then make it a boutique area. IT NEVER GONNA BE NOTHING YOU DONT MAKE TRAILS BETTER . wHERE YOU HAVE THAT STUPID HIGH WALLLL knock it down and go straight under the lift nice and steeppppp follllllow the falllllll line . DONT SOUTHERN MOUNTAINS WANT TO FOLLOW THE FALLLLLL LINE.
johnfekete
Beginner

I CAN HELP OUT mountains by looking at pictures just imagine what i could do if you hire me and i actually go to these places and really check them out.
johnfekete
Beginner

If they listened to me when they built the mountain the trail could have worthy of its name o my goshhhhhhh. AS IT IS NOW you cant make the statement look at the picture the bottom part is perfect in the trees there perfect pitch straight right down the fall line . NO CLIFFFSSSSS EASYYYYYYY THEY BLEW ITTTTTTTTTT
THE BOTTOM PART IS steeper than the top a perfect southern expert runnnnnnn.
If these fools actually do what i say i want life time season pass.. You could put two more great runs there on skiers right.
swamphox
Expert

Perhaps if that couple from Texas sells we can see that happen
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3