The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

A new Wolf Ridge?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
EOTiger
Beginner

Did you guys see that Wolf is changing hands? Hopefully snowmaking becomes a top priority. Anybody have more info aside from the press release?

mondaylady
Beginner

They could stand to upgrade those old wooden chairlifts. It looks like one of their hills is high enough that a Doppelmayr might not be a bad investment.
swamphox
Expert

Perhaps the new ownership won't have such a lax view on fire safety.
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
dreamnofpow
Expert

Da Wolf Saga has new life...... hopefully true, especially bringing backMountain Biking.
johnfekete
Beginner

The dummies need to tear down that stupid wood walllll and just make a run straight ahead right there that would be a steep run. You fools dont see the obvious , snowmaking first , tougher steeper real black runssssss it so obvious but nobody on this site gets it. IF THE TRAILS ROTTTTTT THE MOUNTAIN ROTSSSSSSSSS.
johnfekete
Beginner

Just like beech i dint want to go down upper white lightning 20 times cause all the rest of trails rott. Goooddd trails make great ski areas along with snowmaking you fools
EOTiger
Beginner

Wow, its actually happening. They've rebranded to Hatley Pointe.

GulfBoarder
Beginner
Tagline: 2-time First Snow Prediction Champion (back in the day) 05-06ish

Who is she?
almost good
Beginner

She is one of the new owners, it's a husband and wife team.
Hate to see them wasting money on the lodge, I liked it just ad it was, but glad to see new water lines going in. Also saw an article earlier this summer that they are going to have mountain biking. A company in Asheville called Elevated Trail (or something like that) is designing and putting them in
Ga Skier
Intermediate
Tagline: Days on Snow...... Never Enough

I hope they do well.The video proves 1 piont,the buyout was real this time.I haven't been to wolf since that day I met you Paul. Everything I would look at the Webcam and ski report almost nothing was open.The incomplete work in the video says they have a long way to go and a short time before the season starts.Hopefully the video is older.I hope they don't make lift tickets over priced.