The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

A new Wolf Ridge?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
bamapilot
Expert

I guess we all finally get to see if Wolf can be as great as we all believe it can be. Do they also own the property that would have been the expanded area? If so, Wolf could be huge and wonderful in just a couple short years.
YoureNotInColoradoAnymore
Beginner

It takes a lot of guts to do this. Good luck!
jt3
Intermediate

There's a whole lot of "I and me" in her delivery of this new venture.... interesting.
brigand
Beginner

jt3 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:02 pm There's a whole lot of "I and me" in her delivery of this new venture.... interesting.
Ha, consider that she named it after herself.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

They are definitely going for a different type of vibe it looks like. Also cracks me up that almost every picture on their website is from out west.
WOOOOOO!

porter
Advanced

man i just dont see it

taking over a poorly managed ski area with a long history of dysfunction

then naming it after yourself

and throwing "boutique" in

and then luxury, exclusive, blah blah blah

seems this is one persons dream but not sure how well it meshes with reality

of all the things ive seen that WNC needs, a boutique luxury ski area is not one of them
bamapilot
Expert

It’ll be interesting to see how much they alienate the regulars. Rebranding at this level is risky and it’ll be interesting to watch the result. It’s been about 15 years since the last time I was there, unfortunately, but for those that have been over the last few years, I’d like to see their response once they visit this year to get their take on it.
dreamnofpow
Expert

For the Mtbikers... rumor has it they have hired Elevated Trail Designs to build MTB trails at..... Da Wolf (I will always refer to it as Wolf). Cheers
outdoor wood
Intermediate

New snow guns from DemacLenko...

https://www.facebook.com/HatleyPointe/
bamapilot
Expert

Looks like they are serious about changing that place. Now someone needs to do this to Hawks.