The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

In need of Wintergreen Ski Report

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
TonySki

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a bit of guidance. Way back in the fall I booked a ski in/ski out house at Wintergreen for March 9-12. With all this warm weather, I'm concerned that Wintergreen won't make it to the 12th this season. I can still get a full refund if I cancel by Feb 23, so I'm trying to decide what to do within the next 48 hours.

Skiing is an annual tradition for us and one of my favorite things to do with my kids each year, so I really don't want to pull the plug on this trip. Has anyone been to Wintergreen lately? Can anyone offer any insight regarding whether it will still be open come March 9?

Thanks!
boredtoo
Beginner

Of course no one knows for sure, but given how the slopes appear now and looking at the long range forecast and temperatures at the resort, I would lean toward cancelling.

Update: This quote was in the frontpage story today: "Wintergreen is also making some adjustments to preserve snow as all slopes serviced by the Big Acorn lift will be closed today through Friday. Wintergreen hopes to make snow Friday night as well."
marzski
Advanced

Hope by now the OP knows that Wintergreen is closing after this weekend. Last day is Feb. 26. Essentially only one way down off each lift this weekend.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
johnfekete
Beginner

Wintergreen has been a big disappoint for a few years now. I used to ski there every year at least two times. Wheres the great million dollar update on snowmaking. Sugar is cheaper with better snowmaking. When massanutten gets done with upgrades it will likey blow past wintergreen sugarrrr already got it beat