The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

President's Day Crowds, Beech/Sugar

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
ToroAzul
Beginner

Hi all haven't posted in years.

Never done a weekend in NC, much less a holiday weekend. I've only done Cat and only during the week.

We arrive Sunday evening. How bad are lines typically on the Monday of Presidents Day? I'd skip it but weather will be iffy all week.

We're in town for six nights. Thanks.
boredtoo
Beginner

Can't lie, the lines will suck, but if you can get there early, it will serve you well.
mondaylady
Beginner

That's definitely something I liked about night skiing. Not much of a crowd and plenty of lighting.
mondaylady
Beginner

Looked at the resortcams, and it looks like they're pretty busy, even in the late afternoons. President's Day weekend is usually the last hurrah for the North Carolina ski areas; after that it's mostly season pass holders trying to get their money's worth. They never buy anything, so it becomes cost prohibitive to even keep the areas open. Far as I remember, they don't even bother to make new snow.
MSDOG
Expert

Long range forecast does not look very good for any snow making and warm temps also. Heck, it's supposed to be in the mid 80's down here for a few days this week.