The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

1st Trip to Snowshoe

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
WVULINK
Beginner

theKENDOG wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:04 am In terms of ski advice, make sure you hit rope drop. Be at the top of Ballhooter at 8:55am. Lap it a few times before it gets packed. Then migrate to Soaring Eagle, Western Territory, or Silver Creek.

In terms of food and drink, I am a huge fan of Old Spruce everything. If you like beer, the draft house in the village and the actual brewery at Silver Creek are the places to go. Their beer is good. I love ending the day with a beer at the draft house. They also have Old Spruce Tavern in the village which I personally think has the best food on the mountain.

If you can get some tickets, I think the tubing is pretty fun as well and is a good family activity. Make sure it's not rainy or warm as the hill will be very slow. That and get a nighttime slot. They call the night tubing "cosmic" or something like that but it's kind of cool under the lights.
Didn't get to try Old Spruce but the brewery beside SnowCreek Sports looked very cool. Need to check it out next time.

Only ate at two restaurants,; Cheat Mtn Pizza and Junction Ale House (for breakfast). FYI...Junction Ale House has a great breakfast, but no surprise its a bit pricey. .

My wife and the teens did the tubing Sunday night under the cosmic lights and had a blast. I got a few more runs at Silver Creek and I was done after two full days of skiing, so I just chilled on the deck of the Tube Park and watched them tube for the last hour of their session. .
WVULINK
Beginner

WVULINK wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:22 am
spydeeTJB wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:23 pm
davidski wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:42 am Hey Spydee, can I join the ski team? I finally got some narrow skis, 98mm

Not mentioned but a must do in my books is night skiing at Silver Creek, although as mentioned the bus ride esp. on weekends may involve a wait. Offer a third vote for old spruce and also the bar over on top of the world side, Hoot's?
OP - If it's a sports bar you're craving/needing, meaning a ton of TVs, then check out The Lockerroom on the ground floor of Silvercreek Inn.
Good to know.....maybe I'll head over to Silver Creek on Saturday at noon to catch the WVU basketball game.
I ended up watching the crappy end of the WVU game at Hoot's on Saturday while the slops/lifts were packed . I also watched some of the UNC-NC State game at Hoots on Sunday. Really liked Hoot's, especially on Sunday. .