The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Getting my girls on the slopes!

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
campbellgirls3
Tagline: ready to fly

My daughter's want to try snowboarding. Based on non- snow activities (like my little can skateboard) I'm pretty confident they will love it. I can/could ski but it's been 17 years since I last went 😬 and it was out West. Never skied here in the East. They want me to try snowboarding so I'm all in, because why not? Planning a 3 day weekend sometime late January/early February. Narrowed it down to Sugar, App, and Winterplace based on where we will stay (free hotel thanks to points). For rentals, lesson, and lift tickets before tax and tips, Sugar is coming in around $766, App is $670, and WP at $733 but maybe less with the WV 4th/5th grade passport which might bring that down to around $680 +/-. Thoughts? Best place for complete newbies? It's a lot of money but I want to give them a great experience they have been begging for for years.
marzski
Advanced

Are you thinking of a holiday weekend or a non-holiday weekend? All Saturdays are busy but still makes a difference in terms of long lift lines for beginner lifts or magic carpets.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
beeesmitty
Beginner
Tagline: I heard you know Bofa

I would think App would be best for newbies.
swamphox
Expert

App. It's fun. It's not very intimidating. Despite providing a good place to learn the skill level around you will be pretty high between local racing families and park rats
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3