The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Doppelmayr on Sugar?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
mondaylady
Beginner

Hi everybody. I've been watching resortcams all year (reliving memories) and noticed they've been building what looks like a high-speed detachable. Is it? Can't tell from the camera how fast it's going.
I rode some high-speed chairs when I used to go to Crystal Mountain in WA quite a few years ago and loved them. Unfortunately most of them went to the double-diamond runs, which would have been suicide for me, especially in the western areas.
Niner National
Beginner

They installed one to the top of Oma’s meadow this off-season. They installed one to the top a few years ago.

Sugar said they spent $20 million into upgrades (mostly lifts and snowmaking) over the last few years.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Sugar always inflates their #s, even when talking about investments LOL!
David Orr
Beginner

Whether or not the numbers are inflated...Sugar invests a lot into upgrading their lifts and snowmaking. I live on Oma's Meadow at Sugar Ski and got to witness all that went into building that lift this summer/fall. They opened the lift on time and the slope early than normal. They even widened out the slope and moved the Towers along the side of the slope (Skiers' Right). There are now 12 SMI Super Pumas located along the side of Oma's that can throw a load of snow in a short period of time.