The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Gettin' ready to roll...........

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
MSDOG
Expert

Just booked reservations at Beech for January 2-4 for Ms. MSDOG, kids and grandkids. Rented that 3 story brown house right behind that vacant building next to City hall. You can see it from the long shot cam from the sledding hill. If anyone going to be there, come by and have a cold one or 10.
bamapilot
Expert

Hamme’s on MSDog, been to many years since I have been on the slopes in NC.
GulfBoarder
Beginner
Tagline: 2-time First Snow Prediction Champion (back in the day) 05-06ish

hmmmm. Been a minute since I've been up that way. May look into it!
MSDOG
Expert

Who you calling old school.
mondaylady
Beginner

Have fun. Never been to Beech. I know that living in Missouri I could go either east or west, but the NC ski areas hold many more good memories for me. Besides, I'm past the point in my life where I don't mind messing with chains.
Although if it's legal, I'd like to see here what some people do in Turkey. For the equivalent of $10 someone will put on your tire chains for you, and they make really good money.
MSDOG
Expert

Got back from Beech Thursday. Wish the conditions would have been better but it was good enough to get some good skiing in. Got really bad up there Tuesday night. Rain blowing sideways but were still able to ski Wednesday. 8 of the 10 grandkids really picked up skiing better than I thought they would. The other 2 are just 2 years old so they will have to wait a couple of years. That 3 story brown house right behind Ski Meadows ski shop had plenty of room for 15 of us and the ski in/out was great with all the kids. Everyone had fun and no injuries. That's all you can ask. DOG.