The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

ski outfit

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
johnfekete1
Beginner

I was skiing two yeaRS ago it was 60 degrees out. soo i broke out my 1991 purple spyder race pants that stretchy with padding on the knees and spider webs all over. Its one of a kind you may have seen me with those.
no thermals under the pants. T shirt and a windbreaker. I SEE THIS GUY bigggggg jack with hood attached. helmet , FACE MASK , THICK SKI PANTS , THERMALS. i SAID ITS 60 WHAT ARE YOU DOING.
he SAID TO ME in an annoyed tone this is what i wear every time i ski. YOU HEAT LOVING GREEENHORN you need to adapt with weather. ANOTHER THING CRAZY IS SEE DOWN SOUTH is people with thick jackets with a hood attached and a helmet. DUDESSSSS THOSE HOODS DETACH ON GOOD JACKETS get rid of the hood you have a helmet and facemask.
Down south quite a few fools will wear that rubber face mask when its like 50 degrees this for the life of me i dont understand. MY BROTHER LUKE from upstate ny has one he dont pull it out unless its zero degrees out. Nobody dares show there dace down south when skiing tooooo funny to me. when i tell people that my brother does not break out that thick facemask unless its zero degreeees they get pissed at me and look at me like im from mars. WEAR A BACLAVA when its 0 to 30 degrees out. do i have to have a course in the south how to dress for skiing lol.
johnfekete1
Beginner

my twin hates when i wear the spyder pants they are too tight . when i wore them at winterplace 7 years ago and was killing it on turkey chute they called me spiderman.
When i wear the pants at gore new york nooooobody comments on them ouch